Does DirecTV Offer an HD Only Package?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Boondockbill

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 5, 2004
I really don't watch the SD junk. Certain SD shows I'll get with my trusty CBand.

I rememeber I "could" get an HD package only over at E*. But how about DirecTV?

After your one year obligation is completed you can subscribe to only the HD package and also be eligible for Pay-Per-View and any sports annual packages, like the NFL Season Ticket.

The lowest cost programming package for english programming is TOTAL CHOICE at $38.99/mo. The current programming promotion for new subscribers is pay for TOTAL CHOICE PLUS and get the largest package, TOTAL CHOICE PREMIER at no additional charge for 3 months.

-Robert

> After your one year obligation is completed you can subscribe to only the HD package...

Really? I did not know that. It's good to know although I probably won't drop the regular package...

> The lowest cost programming package for english programming is TOTAL CHOICE at $38.99/mo.

Are you sure? I thought DirecTV just raised their programming rates starting March?

EDIT: I guess Robert meant without locals. However, when I went online to look at programming change screens, they no longer have "with locals" and "without locals". Just "TOTAL CHOICE", "TOTAL CHOICE PLUS", "TOTAL CHOICE PREMIER". Did they change this too?

Hong.

This, I think, validates the argument that Voom should have an HD only package. If someone is willing to take ONLY the HD from DirecTV, then I'm sure there is a much larger customer base for the HD offerings from Voom.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

modems in DTV receivers

DVR and 3LNB oval dish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)