Does Comcast Have Interest in Voom's 21 HD Channels?

HDVoomer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 25, 2004
I was wondering if Comcast has any plans in the near or even distant future to pick up Voom's 21 HD channels? With HD content increasing and increasing competition coming to the marketplace, one would think that Comcast would look at being the HD leader. Here is a story I found over at AVS that talks about Voom's 21 HD suite of channels and where they are headed. http://www.cableworld.com/cgi/cw/show_mag.cgi?pub=cw&mon=102405&file=insidethenew.htm

I emailed them a few months ago, asking them if they had any plans to add Voom channels or the HDnets, telling them it would directly influence my choice of provider. They basically told me that nobody besides me wants HD channels, and they have no plans of paying for HD channels and sacrificing valuable bandwidth for something nobody wants (except for me).

(They said it more politely, but that was the basic message. Hey, at least they didn't lie to get me to sign up.)

jclampit said:
I emailed them a few months ago, asking them if they had any plans to add Voom channels or the HDnets, telling them it would directly influence my choice of provider. They basically told me that nobody besides me wants HD channels, and they have no plans of paying for HD channels and sacrificing valuable bandwidth for something nobody wants (except for me).

(They said it more politely, but that was the basic message. Hey, at least they didn't lie to get me to sign up.)

So THAT'S why they have the four networks in HD among other channels. :rolleyes:

I've been told simular things. They are pushing OnDemand and their own VOIP services lately. They almost never even mention HD. Heck, even my last Comcast repairman mentioned he was going to get Voom for HD except his wife didn't want the dish on the roof. I had to break the news that they were out of business to him, tho... :(

How to add more HD space to Comast duel VTR stb's ??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)