Does anyone ever get electronic mail from receiver?

pjm8047 said:
Does anyone ever get electronic mail from receiver? Does the phone line need to be pluged in? I never got one.

In the 6+ years I've been with Dish they have never utilized that feature. I'm not even sure it's included in the menu on all receivers anymore. :confused:

NightRyder

It's on the menu of all receivers but they have removed the software for it on the old grey boxes due to the lack of memory.

:rolleyes:
pjm8047 said:
Does anyone ever get electronic mail from receiver? Does the phone line need to be pluged in? I never got one.

I've been with dish 8+ years. I got one ONCE very early on... I think it was like a notice of an added channel or something. Never seen one since.

The old DishPlayer would occasionally have a "mail" about what was in the latest software upgrade, but not usually.

i thought i heard them say the where going to start using it on the new receivers to let you know if you where late paying your bill.

Now THAT would be embarrasing if you have guests over, and a popup appears on the screen... "You deadbeat, get a job so you can pay us!"

What I saw on the tech chat looked like a standard error message popup box not an "email" of any sort.

I'm glad that they have implemented the popup boxes telling customers that their account is going to be shutoff by a certain date. I know that this works because I had a customer tell me about one popping up on theirs each day until they paid their bill.

I posted in a thread, "Paying extra to view WPIX 11 & WWOR 9", that I felt Dish Network should go out of there way to inform people when changes could affect there service. Changes such as programing, features, etc. This would be the perfect way to do it, and I don't think it would have taken much effort on there part. In my case I would have saved a lot of money over the years.

I agree with you twillers. I dont know what Dish is thinking. Maybe someone should call in on a Charlie Chat and ask them why they do not use the mail function. They did with the DishPlayer 7100 and 7200.

can I split my feed BEFORE it gets to the switch???

Fortec star

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)