Disney/ESPN & DIRECTV Reach Deal

How are sports bars handling this as most have DTV.
Probably more Fox Sports Content yesterday, like the Big Ten Channel for example.

Monday, since a lot of ABC affiliates will have MNF on ( except O&O stations like NY/LA), they will be set.

The following Monday is only on ESPN.

Reactions: zippyfrog
DirecTV has gone to the FCC to complain about Disney.

When companies do that, means they are getting nervous that the negotiations are not going the way they like.

I wonder how many are making a switch, which is a lot easier to do in today’s world, vs when DirecTV had 22 Million subs.

Also, does not help that DirecTV just announced a major price increase, that makes them look like hypocrites when they say they are fighting for lower prices for our subscribers.

For those that tried to get the new $10 credit and it appeared to be an error, check your recent activity. I now show the 10 bucks on my account.
Still a no go for me. Click accept and it doesn't add the $10 credit and the message is back to either Accept or No Thanks.

Reactions: AZ.
all bars in the Philadelphia market use Xfinity to show local Phillies, Flyers and Sixers games and NFL Red Zone, those that also have DTV primarily for Sunday Ticket will now use Xfinity boxes for the local teams plus ESPN networks and WPVI

I heard through reddit that bars can be eligible for up to $250 bill credits

• Wow
Reactions: dtv757
all bars in the Philadelphia market that use Xfinity to show local Phillies, Flyers and Sixers games and NFL Red Zone, those that also have DTV primarily for Sunday Ticket will now use Xfinity boxes for the local teams plus ESPN networks and WPVI

I heard through reddit that bars can be eligible for up to $250 bill credits
If Sports Bars have good enough Broadband, they no longer need DirecTV for ST, Everpass sells it themselves-

So, is it deceptive advertising for DirecTV to run television ads claiming to have “the biggest bowl games” considering many are hosted on Disney-owned channels, channels that DirecTV no longer has the rights to broadcast?

The one I used to own that I still help out with some stuff got a cable subscription and a receiver a couple days before ESPN went off air since it looked likely. I had my system set up with an ATSC modulator to feed in external content, which he'd mostly been using for Peacock content. Now it is getting connected to the cable receiver - and its a good thing I was able to locate an HDCP stripper (an HDMI splitter that "just happens to" strip HDCP) since the modulator only works for unencrypted content!

The ABC station wasn't affected here, but if it was they could pick it up OTA which is connected to all the TVs, though that's mostly used for stuff coming from the modulator not the antenna. They tune the cable receiver to ESPN (or ESPN2 if there is something on it worth watching instead) and it shows up as channel 50 on the TVs from the antenna input. It is more of a pain for his staff, but it is better than not being able to watch anything on ESPN.

He hasn't had time to call Directv and ask about a credit. Presumably they will give commercial accounts a bigger one than residential, especially since he's spending around $15K a year with Directv.

Reactions: TheRatPatrol
Take this for what its worth, but I am hearing a rumor from a friend who works at ESPN that the channels could be back on DIRECTV by tonight.

Personally I don't think they tell people who work in production about contract updates, but we will see.

Again just a rumor. But passing it along in case. :)

Take this for what its worth, but I am hearing a rumor from a friend who works at ESPN that the channels could be back on DIRECTV by tonight.

Personally I don't think they tell people who work in production about contract updates, but we will see.

Again just a rumor. But passing it along in case. :)
Hmm, imagine that, right before the Biggest game yet (of this year)

Hope your right, but if not, it's just TV, right ?

Remember, they went down right before thier First game of the year.

I have heard from work, just rumors at this point, DirecTV is getting a bunch of cancellations, you just cannot push yourself as a service that caters itself to the sports audience ( watch the commercials) and get rid of the most watched sports station, specially when the most popular sporting events are in season.

Just too easy to switch in today’s world, in the days of about 7 years ago, when you cancel a service, you had to wait for the install, today, go on a site, done.

Last edited:
Reactions: AZ.

DTV and Dish Network Discuss Merger Talks Again