DishPro Plus 44 Switch Review

Stargazer said:
Is the reason that 61.5 and 148 cannot be used in the same switch setup due to some channels having the same number on both satellites or is it a software or hardware issue.

and the answer is..... Same channel number!!!

You will replace the SW64 with the DPP44. Dont forget to replace the power inserter as well.

streetgang said:
StevenD

Thanks for the quick reply. If I changed out my LNB's to Dish Pro, would I just need the DPP44 or would I still need the SW64 in the mix? All my runs are already R6. Thanks Steve

No, you will no longer need the SW64. You run a cable from each of your new DishPro LNBs (only one cable unlike SW64 that needed 2) to the DP+44 then you run one cable to each of your recievers from the DP+44. If you need 2 cables for a reciever like the 921 you use the DP+ Separator at the reciever. Note, some boxes may have to be connect to two cables temporarily to get the latest software update to know how to use the DP+ separator.

Why doesn't Dish just use a different channel number so that no location ends up using the same number? I would think that there would be enough numbers to where they would not all get used up but then again they probably want to keep all the same type of channels in the same area.

dfergie said:
After thinking about it, if the Dpp44 won't work for 148/61.5, I'm going to cascade them thru a sw21's along with 110. I don't watch sd except for my local news, and I will move my 501 back to the livingroom for sd.(any thing else i want to watch)

The DP+44 should work just fine with 61.5/148. I do not see the switch having ANY intelligence at all. Why would it care what satellites are hooked up to it. I think it is just listed that way because of reciever issues with both satellites making dupicate channel numbers. If you have it working without the DP+44 then I bet the DP+44 will work exactly the same.

bcshields said:
I think Port 4 is designed to FSS input only. 105/121

That is not correct. Port 4 can be any satellite. They just reccomend port 4 be FSS just because older recievers cannot handle 105/121. These recievers also cannot see more than 3 satellites at once. So, they get the first 3 feeds, and don't see the 4th feed which would be a satellite they could not decode anyways.

mike123abc said:
The DP+44 should work just fine with 61.5/148. I do not see the switch having ANY intelligence at all. Why would it care what satellites are hooked up to it. I think it is just listed that way because of reciever issues with both satellites making dupicate channel numbers. If you have it working without the DP+44 then I bet the DP+44 will work exactly the same.

The problem is that the channel ID numbers are the same on most of the channels on 61.5 and 148, your receiver will become confused as it wont know what satellite to tune to. ;)

But Spock never delt with Echostar Engineers. :)

They are from a Planet which Spock couldnt even fathom much less Mind Meld. :D

here's a couple of screen shots of the EPG on my 811, showing channels on both 61.5 and 148. (using SW64 cascaded with SW21) So it most likely should work using a DPP44

Attachments

• epg CBS-HD.jpg
    epg CBS-HD.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 221
  • epg duplicates.jpg
    epg duplicates.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 235
dfergie said:
with my 6000 and just 148/61.5 on a sw21 I had duplicate numbers, but I could tune to each one with no problems...

Maybe the 6000 can handle it, but can all of Dish recievers handle it? Perhaps there are some that will go crazy... Another reason is that Dish probably has not bothered to test it with all their recievers and have no desire to go test it and support it.

942 main tv - backfeed all others on tv2? (newbie setup questions)

Anyone Had Success At Cascading a DPP44 with a DP34?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts