Dish VIP 722 Receiver Won't Turn On

MrCodeDude

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 4, 2008
I feel that my 722 receiver has been on the fritz for awhile, but today might have been it's last.

We were watching programming and the box completely shut off (no lights). The fan is going 100% and I've tried resetting it by removing the power, holding the power button and doing a card reset; all with no results.

I took a video of its current state here:

About an hour ago, the green TV1 light kept blinking (about once a second), but it's now gone back to being blank for a minute, the green TV1 light flashing, rinse, repeat.

Is there anything I can do or is it gone? I don't know what kind of warranty it carries since I purchased it out-right (not leased from Dish) and if it isn't under warranty, should I get the 922 instead?

Thanks for all suggestions!

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought you could still use the receiver even if the hdd was dead/gone. I also thought you could add the $6/mo DHPP and get your owned receiver replaced.

I thought you could still use the receiver even if the hdd was dead/gone. I also thought you could add the $6/mo DHPP and get your owned receiver replaced.

I can add DHPP, wait a day and then file a claim? That'd be really nice, considering the receiver is less than one year old and I paid $300+ for it. :rant:

I can add DHPP, wait a day and then file a claim? That'd be really nice, considering the receiver is less than one year old and I paid $300+ for it. :rant:

You can add DHPP on the call while arranging to have the box fixed. They usually will offer you a fixed price without DHPP, and also offer to put DHPP on your account and give you the DHPP price. They do not care if you add DHPP at the last second.

Thanks for the help everyone, Dish is sending me a new receiver this week. I opted for the $6/mo protection plan, but it now carries a $25 cancellation fee unless you completely cancel the account.

They said it would be $50 for a replacement receiver + $15 shipping if I didn't want the coverage, so it works out cheaper regardless.

DISH Content to Portable Device

922 streaming in HD issue

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)