Dish ViP 622 with SlingBox setup problem

Curlydog

Original poster
Aug 23, 2010
Ca
I searched the forums and could not find an answer - sorry if there is one already. I'm a newbie - so bear with me. I just installed the SlingBox Pro to my Dish ViP 622 - During the set up - it gets to the point where it is checking the watch tv on the internet and it gets to 70% and then Internet Explorer shuts down. I have tried it 4-5 times-starting over and it happens each and everytime at that step. But, I can access video and audio on my laptop now through slingbox.com just fine, even though the setup process never actually finished and the second issue - (maybe unrelated?) I am unable to control the virtual remote. The remote address on the DVR is 9 and I cannot seem to find the correct device listed on the SlingBox to get that to work. I am pretty sure those are two different issues - one is the remote issue and the other is not being able to complete setup (even though it appears to work). Whew - clear as mud? Is it possible to change the remote address on the DVR? I tried following the directions but all that happened is that it made my remote control inoperable. Help!

did you setup the ir blaster cables?

ie crash is a problem with the pc. you can try updating it and the .net framework to the latest releases.

Yes, I did set up the ir blaster. I even checked to make sure it was emitting a signal on both ends.

Also, I tried setting up through another computer and still the setup process froze at the same place in the process. So, it does not appear to be a computer issue.

When I setup my slingbo:mad:its been quite a while) you were limited to remote addresses of 1 to 4.

To change the address of the remote:
goto the system ifo screen - press menu twice
press and hold the sat button on your remote until all the mode buttons light up.
press a number from 1 to 4 (1 is best for DVR)
press the # button
press the record button, the number on your screen should change to what you just enetered into the remote.
now set up the slingbox to use the remote address you just set.

I have found ALL of my problems with sling have been on the computer, and with sling software, not the receiver or the slingbox.

Eastern & Western Arc?

Charlie Chat Caps & Bytes Plus What You Missed! 8.23

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)