Dish vip 622 record plus question

efmchico

Original poster
Oct 28, 2006
We have been using the dvr with record plus enabled, so the recordings default to room 2 (which is the non hd bedroom). My question is about recording HD. If I am recording an HD channel, will it record the program in HD with record plus enabled to the non-hd room? We've been turning the feature on and off when recording hd, and are hoping that this is not necessary.

Thanks

Ernie

We have been using the dvr with record plus enabled, so the recordings default to room 2 (which is the non hd bedroom). My question is about recording HD. If I am recording an HD channel, will it record the program in HD with record plus enabled to the non-hd room? We've been turning the feature on and off when recording hd, and are hoping that this is not necessary.

Thanks

Ernie

The 622 records the incoming stream, so if you are recording from an HD channel, it will record the full picture and sound coming from dish. Play it back on your HDTV, and it will be HD. Play it back on the non-HD tv, and it will downconvert it to 480.

Yeah, I think you are confusing the tuners on the 622 with its outputs. The 622 has 3 tuners (2 satellite and 1 OTA), all can record both HD and SD. The 622 has two outputs (1 HD - via HDMI and component, 1 SD via composit or coax). Hope that helps.

Ok, thanks. So if its on an hd channel, it will record in hd in both rooms, the only reason there is no hd in the 2nd room is because there is only one hd out on the receiver, correct?

Thanks

Ernie

Yeah, I think you are confusing the tuners on the 622 with its outputs. The 622 has 3 tuners (2 satellite and 1 OTA), all can record both HD and SD. The 622 has two outputs (1 HD - via HDMI and component, 1 SD via composit or coax). Hope that helps.

Which also means that if the second room is close to the first, it is theoretically possible that you could run a Component video to that room. That said, you would have to deal with potential problems with a long component run, and the cost of such a cable.

True, but if you really wanted you could make a long component cable out of 3 runs of RG6.

Problem with audio synch for OTA HD on 622

Has Your Significant Other Noticed HD-Lite?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)