DIsh Supers on Tripple LNB

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rstokas

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 23, 2004
Ok, I got the new 5lnb dish and kept my old tripple lnb up as well. I left it up so I could get the dish network supers. I took down all the wiring from the tripple lnb except for one line which I want to hook up to my dish network receiver.

What do I need to do to get the dish network 119. I plugged in the receiver and it did not work. Can you do this with a tripple lnb dish? Or do I need a dishnetwork dish or a dual lnb directv dish?

The Directv Triple LNB dish only does 12.5-12.7 gHz on the 110 and 119 LNBs, so it won't receive all DishNet signals, which are 12.2-12.7.

Lynskyn said:
The Directv Triple LNB dish only does 12.5-12.7 gHz on the 110 and 119 LNBs, so it won't receive all DishNet signals, which are 12.2-12.7.

huh? DBS is from 12.2-12.75
I have a buttload of LNB's that say DirecTV on them and they work just fine :)

rstockas

If you hook a line to the Phase III, you will have to reaim it. The LNB for 101 will work fine..just reiam the dish towards 119 and you will be OK

(I've taken a Phase III and aimed it at 119 before for NASA...only the 101 LNB works without a DirecTV receiver)

Supers are on 119 only

The 110 is an oddball LNB and the 119 probably is only used for 12.5-12.7 since Direct only has TP's 22-32 on 119 (Dish has the rest)

do i need to hook up an adapter or will it work fine just running the rg6 to the receiver?

is that because I am not trying to use a directv receiver? So I don't need the adapter. Would you suggest just moving the dish to the west a bit and leaving th tilt and elevation alone?

rstokas said:
is that because I am not trying to use a directv receiver? So I don't need the adapter. Would you suggest just moving the dish to the west a bit and leaving th tilt and elevation alone?

You won't be able to use a Directv receiver to get DISH programming.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

switchbox connection help please

New A9 Dish install guide

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)