Dish set up for 33" Fortec Star dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kennypriceusa

Original poster
Aug 17, 2005
1) I'm taking my new coolsat system to zip code 27850, what is the latitude and longitude for Littleton, North Carolina 27850? I'm a novice.

2) Can you confirm if the settings on the installation menu on my receiver are correct (lnb type, lnb frequency.. etc)?

Hello! And WELCOME to the SatelliteGuys.US FTA Forum !

1)

Littleton NC 27850

Latitude = (North) 36.3849
Longitude = (West) 77.8351

2) let us know what type/brand of LNBF you have, it should have some numbers on it.

A Standard KU LNBF has a L.O. of 10750

A Universal LNBF has a L.O. of 09750-10600

Hello Back,

It looks to be a KU LNBF with the dual F connectors, I think the angle should be 39.2 deg. I'm confused by the example in the STAB manual that states how to find dish elevation angle ie, "Angle = P- (45 - latitude) where P = deg of dish elevation for fixed mount given by the mfg." In the example it implied that the mfg angle was 37.6deg. Since it had an illustration of my exact motor HH90 and bracketry, should I use this methodology which for latitude 36.38 would = 37.6-(45-36.38) = 28.98? or should I simply use the 39.2deg??

39* for elevation. You may need to go up a couple degrees from there. When I installed my dish, same as yours, the elevation was shown to be 38* and it is actually 41* on this dish.

Thanks I shall make a note of it and try the 41 deg. Nonetheless, it will be 6 weeks until I get back there to do the final set up.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Azimuth local correction

question for Pete or anyone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)