Dish Remote Access issue

labunjef

Original poster
Jul 1, 2011
Michigan
Not sure if anyone else has the same issue I have. Some background info is that I have the VIP 722 reciever and its hooked directly to my router which has a really fast connection. When using the Dish Remote Access on my Sprint EVO 3D cell, it does work but it keeps having to buffer every 5-10 seconds and has the little circle loading in the middle of the screen. The lag in the video pretty much makes it almost impossible to watch. Anyone else have this issue and were able to fix it? I am even at full strength on my cell signal and it still does it.

I did make sure I wasn't loading the HD, the crazy thing is I went home last night and unplugged my reciever from my router and plugged it into my Google TV which uses WIFI to connect to the internet. I loaded up the app on my phone and its streaming pretty fast and with no lag. This is strange because with the box connected straight to my router, the speed is so much faster but it doesn't translate that way. I guess I found a solution for the short term.

I did make sure I wasn't loading the HD, the crazy thing is I went home last night and unplugged my reciever from my router and plugged it into my Google TV which uses WIFI to connect to the internet. I loaded up the app on my phone and its streaming pretty fast and with no lag. This is strange because with the box connected straight to my router, the speed is so much faster but it doesn't translate that way. I guess I found a solution for the short term.

this shouldn't work at all. we have a known issue with the GTV doing wirelss bridge and sling. It isn't supposed to work. If what you are saying is true I will be a very happy man.

depending on wire, wireless can be faster.

The bridge has worked ever since I got the sling adapter 3 weeks ago, I just thought it would be faster if I hooked the Reciever up to the router instead of going through the GTV and using my wifi. It does work though and from what I can tell, it works pretty good too.

Sprint had a problem 2 or 3 months ago..You needed to call and they would send you a patch for streaming video....Not sure if it matters in your case? And also since Gingerbread maybe they put the patch in there? Give Sprint a call, maybe they can shed some light to the problem?

When did NUVO channel show up?

Is This A New Problem?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)