Dish Rebate Scam

ScottChez

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 2, 2003
Watch out new Starz customers . . . Read the fine print. The rebates are not good anymore.

I refered a friend last week with Club Dish.
They also signed up for Starz on the www.dishnetwork.com web site after the install so they could get the $20 rebate.

When they told me about the $20 and that I should also get Starz I said wait . . . . that ended last month. Then I went to the web site.

The add is still on there web site, saying sign up for Starz and get $20.
If you read the fine print it says it ends July 31st.

Here is the link to the Starz page with the $20 ad on the left side
==========================
http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/programming/movies/starz/index.shtml

Here is the link to the ad
========================
http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/programming/promotion/20starzrebate/index.shtml

I cant believe this. My Friends who found the problem called, dish said its not our problem call Starz.

I emailed them also about changing there web site, been a week now, no answer.

The scam on the Dishnetwork.com web site continues on.
There should be laws against this stuff :) new Starz customers be carefulll.

Here is the link again

http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/programming/promotion/20starzrebate/index.shtml

or go to

Programing on the main page, then Movies, then Starz on the pull down menus.

DISH Network Value Pak Upgrade Rebate Problem

Just a heads up...

I am a relatively new customer who joined DISH Network service on 12 May 2005. A short while after ordering service, I discovered the DISH Network Value Pak Upgrade Rebate offer. I took advantage of this offer and ordered Value Pak service on 29 May 2005. According to the terms and conditions of this offer, I am eligible for a $30 mail–in-rebate (MIR) if I ordered service prior to 31 May 2005 – I did. Also in accordance with terms of this offer, I am to enclose three months of DISH Network billing statements that indicate I have ordered and maintained the Value Pak service for three months. There are a few problems with these terms:

1. First: I cannot figure out why I am required to send three months of billing statement since DISH Network has access to this information and, if necessary, can provide this information to its business partners.

2. Second: the billing statement does not specifically state that I ordered service on 29 May 2005. Unless you do the math and prorate the bill and/or have access to DISH Network billing statements, then the enclosed statements are meaningless. Again, I refer to my first point.

3. Third: as I have previously stated, I am a new customer, as of 12 May 2005, therefore I do not have a lengthy billing history. According to the terms of this offer, they are to receive my written MIR no later than 31 Aug 2005. Now I understand that I am prepaying for service, however…my billing date is the 27th of each month and I typically won’t have access (online or hard copy) to my bill for at least another day or two beyond my billing date. It wasn't until yesterday, 29 Aug 2005, that DISH Network provided me with my monthly online billing statement and, as such, it will be impossible to comply with these terms and for Dish Networks processing center to receive my MIR by 31 Aug 2005.

Based on the above information, I feel this offer is fraudulent since it unlikely that Dish will receive my MIR by the stated deadline of 31 Aug 2005 - the rebate offer is designed to fail for some of us. Anyway, if they reject my rebate offer due to the time constraints, then I will take this to the next level. Of course, I won't be happy if I have to spend a great deal of time and effort collecting my rebate..

This is exactly why I hate any rebate offer. It usually is cumbersome and difficult to make sure it gets to the manufacturer within the stated time limits. The only ones that work for me are on new vehicles - where the dealer gets the rebate and I don't have to fool with anything.

I can't tell you how many times i've bought things with a rebate and not even bothered to look at it, just not worth the time or hassle. If it's not an instant rebate, forget about it...

ScottChez said:
I emailed them also about changing there web site, been a week now, no answer.
FWIW, I mailed a pointer to this thread to my inside E* contact, and he supposedly forwarded it to their "web guys".

Maybe it'll help :(.

LER

Just HD Channels

Loss of color on rewind?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)