Dish Pulled A Heck Of A Whammy Last Night!

DarrellP

I Think, therefore, I am.
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 6, 2003
Salem, OR
I set my PVR to record a 90 minute block to catch Across America and Charlie's Angels early this AM and about 3 minutes into Charlie's Angels, the channel feed changed from HDNET to HDNET Movies showing Runaway Train, then at about 34 minutes, it switched back to Charlie's Angels. It was not a timer or my stb because the transparent info that shows when a channel is changed never popped up.

Weird, huh? :p

If he was any janitor I'd want to know, he'd have momentarily switched one of the shopping channels over to the Extasy or TEN feeds. ;)

TuxCoder said:
If he was any janitor I'd want to know, he'd have momentarily switched one of the shopping channels over to the Extasy or TEN feeds. ;)

I could just see how to explain an "accidental" adult channel recording on our PVR to my wife. "Honest... I was recording a show on gardening from HGTV for you. Dish must have switched the feeds!" ;)

With today's E* DVR technology, you may even luck out and it will just call it something else from an entirely unrelated channel to begin with.

programming snafu

My friend has a programming situation that may have been caused by this same janitor. My friend activated his new 921 a couple of days ago (replaced an older dvr with the same programming) and got all of his original stuff except 1 local channel. In addition to his old programming he also had ALL the movie channels as well as all the Fox Sports channels activated. My friend wants to know if anyone else has experienced this with their 921 and whether this is something in the receiver or a programming error by Dish. What should I tell him? Thanks

Johnwr said:
My friend has a programming situation that may have been caused by this same janitor. My friend activated his new 921 a couple of days ago (replaced an older dvr with the same programming) and got all of his original stuff except 1 local channel. In addition to his old programming he also had ALL the movie channels as well as all the Fox Sports channels activated. My friend wants to know if anyone else has experienced this with their 921 and whether this is something in the receiver or a programming error by Dish. What should I tell him? Thanks

Tell him how lucky he is. Then tell him not to expect it to stay there for long...but to enjoy the "free preview". ;)

Darn, I wish that janitor would change my billing from AEP+ to AT60 or something. :D

Monster Power Center

Record Dish network movies to disk via DVD recorder?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)