DISH ONLINE SOFTWARE FOR 722

nrholland

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 13, 2003
Tampa Bay Area
Does anyone have any idea when the 722s will be getting the software update like the 722ks are getting for the Dish Online / Dish On Demand menu? Will we be getting it or not? If not, when will it happen?

nrholland said:
Does anyone have any idea when the 722s will be getting the software update like the 722ks are getting for the Dish Online / Dish On Demand menu? Will we be getting it or not? If not, when will it happen?

From what I read, hopefully never.

You do NOT want this update. I bought the 722k this summer as I was disappointed by the 922. Last night I was so impressed to see it recording 4 things at once. In the past I would have to download different shows or play Air Traffic Controller with the DVR timers. There was nothing recording that I wanted to watch so I decided to watch something that was recorded.

BIG MISTAKE! I pressed start on my recording and began to feel the dread. Everything locked up and the DVR became unresponsive. A couple of minutes went by and the thing finally did a restart.

10 Minutes later it finally finished the restart and began to record the next set of timers. I lost the last 5 minutes of my wife's shows and 5 minutes of the begining of a mix.

Guess who is the goat here. Not Dishnetwork, but the guy that convinced my wife that a DVR upgrade was necessary. Thanks DISH, I appreciate the attempt, but please test your software that you release a week prior to Season Premiere week.

Thanks DISH, I appreciate the attempt, but please test your software that you release...
Hahahahahahahaha. That's a good one.

What short memories people have. The recent couple of years of products being released that work out of the gate, and updates that don't bork the receivers, were simply a fluke.

Dish has apparently returned to the good old days of "get the shi* out the door, and worry about getting it to work right later". The really great part of that strategy was how they would discontinue a model when they finally got it to work right, and release another bug-ridden pile of crap to replace it.

Ah. Good times. Good times.

Hahahahahahahaha. That's a good one.

What short memories people have. The recent couple of years of products being released that work out of the gate, and updates that don't bork the receivers, were simply a fluke.

Dish has apparently returned to the good old days of "get the shi* out the door, and worry about getting it to work right later". The really great part of that strategy was how they would discontinue a model when they finally got it to work right, and release another bug-ridden pile of crap to replace it.

Ah. Good times. Good times.

What's so very sad about this whole post, is that it is very, very, true. :eek:

Me and my 722K must be lucky, because we have no idea of what you all are talking about.;)

You do NOT want this update. I bought the 722k this summer as I was disappointed by the 922. Last night I was so impressed to see it recording 4 things at once. In the past I would have to download different shows or play Air Traffic Controller with the DVR timers. There was nothing recording that I wanted to watch so I decided to watch something that was recorded.

BIG MISTAKE! I pressed start on my recording and began to feel the dread. Everything locked up and the DVR became unresponsive. A couple of minutes went by and the thing finally did a restart.

10 Minutes later it finally finished the restart and began to record the next set of timers. I lost the last 5 minutes of my wife's shows and 5 minutes of the begining of a mix.

Guess who is the goat here. Not Dishnetwork, but the guy that convinced my wife that a DVR upgrade was necessary. Thanks DISH, I appreciate the attempt, but please test your software that you release a week prior to Season Premiere week.

no problems here with the upgrade

My 722k has been working fairly well but maybe that's because I haven't watched much TV the last couple of weeks. I'm almost afraid to install my new OTA module for fear it will unleash the gremlins.

No probs with my 722K. The update is a great one because the primary improvement is that DishONLINE movies and TV shows for downloads are now organized by channel, but one can also search by more filters than the old DishONLINE interface. It takes less than a minute to find the TV episodes I want to download without have to scroll through pages and pages of thousands of titles that used to take as long as 10+ minutes because I was trying to find titles from particular channels. Thanks Dish, the 722K update is a good one.

Have had no problems with 667 on my 722k. It is a pain to scroll through Dish Online on my 622. I would like to have the interface that is on the 722k. Of course if they start rolling it out next week that means I will get it in two months (which is probably good because I usually get it 3 versions later after they work the bugs out).

I am able to control both 622 and 722k with iPhone and Samsung Moment. Works better with iPhone - I wish they would make an android app for it instead of going through the browser.

ViP 722K stops responding if TV is on

Which sat for a 301?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)