Dish Network VIP 722k - Transponders 01-10 not accessible

ramehrer

Original poster
Sep 14, 2009
california
I bought this new receiver and I can not get it to download software and schedule. I believe it is because it will not allow me to access transponders 01-10.

My VIP222k when plugged into the same satellite works perfectly well.

WHY no 01-10 ???????????????????

Thank you very much. I now have the transponders. I continued on after changing the satellite from 105 (don't know where that came from!) to 110 and moved forward. I am now stuck on WARNING 061 with a 2/3 green bar saying don't disturb or turn off the receiver and it has been sitting there about 45 minutes!

Any ideas?

Shouldn't take 45 min. If you haven't already, restart the receiver. shut off tv2, go into point dish screen on tv1 (6,1,1). Go to sat 119 trans 19 and wait until it says Signal Locked - Sat 119. Shut the receiver off. If it needs an update it will take it

That's not good! Concentrate on your hookup. Do you have both tuners of your new 722 cabled up to a 1000.2 or 1000.4 with a separator?

Hi and thanks. I only have 110 because of where I am. I have a vip222k that is working fine. Hooking up the 722k I am using all the same cables that I use for my 222k which works excellent so I know that it is not a dish issue but rather a receiver issue. It is also really strange that the point dish, whenever I call it up assumes satellite 105.

Any ideas and thank you for your time and help!

Because of where you are? It's not possible to have full service using only sat. 110. You have to have signal from 110 and 119. Also 129 for HD.

Hi,
I live in Honduras and I am getting great HDTV from Dish Network just not as many channels as we would like. As I said, I hooked up my Vip222k and using 110 I get lots of channels. We live on an island and want to have USA Dish Network.
I can download software and programming no problem on the 222k it just freezes though when I try to install the new 722.

Does that help???

Wow... I'm surprised you get any signal at all way down there... Must need a huge dish. Anyway, Most likely the update required for the 722k is on 119.

How to: Sling box + wireless network + hard drive

New Customer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts