Dish Network Losing signal once powered off

cajunbred

Original poster
Aug 31, 2009
Louisiana
I had dishnetwrok installed about 6 months ago and it hasn't worked correctly in my living room snce it was installed. I called for tech support and I was told that I would have to pay for them to come out since they took a picture of the signal before they left. The problem is that when I power on the receiver I get a blue screen showing that the signal has been lost on any satellite. I can go outside to where they installed the box with the barrel connectors and disconnect one side of the cable and after about 5 seconds I can reconnect the cable to acquire the satellite again with perfect signal on 119,129 and 110. I thought maybe it was a cable problem and if you try wiggling it you will not change a thing. it hought maybe it was the barrel connector, so I installed a new one. I still have to do the same thing and simply disconnect one side of the cable momentarily and reconnect to get full reception. I am truly baffled at this! Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Yes and it still does the same thing. I have 2 dual tuners and one single installed and it only affects the one in the living room which also supplies my sons room with tv. His shows the same thing until the cable is removed and reconnected. Thanks!

Yes and it still does the same thing. I have 2 dual tuners and one single installed and it only affects the one in the living room which also supplies my sons room with tv. His shows the same thing until the cable is removed and reconnected. Thanks!

O.k...you have TWO DUAL tuners and ONE SINGLE tuner installed, right?

What dish do you have installed and what switch(s)?

the blue screen and "no signal" message, most likely is from your TV and not the sat. receiver. Is it possible you are on the wrong video input? Wow... sorry for my post, apparently I only read every other word of your question......

Last edited:

Questions About Dish Network Installation

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts