Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
DISH Network LAUNCHES DONATION CHANNELS

Customers Can Point and Click to Instantly Donate to American Red Cross Relief Efforts in U.S. and Japan

Englewood, Colo., May 17, 2011DISH Network L.L.C., a subsidiary of DISH Network Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH), has dedicated two on-demand channels to solicit donations from customers to provide disaster relief assistance in the United States and Japan.

Now through July 31, 2011, DISH Network customers can visit channels 1 or 501 and select one of the following channels labeled “Donate Storm Relief” or “Donate to Japan Here.” They can then follow the simple on-screen instructions to make a $5 donation, which will be added to their subsequent monthly bill.

“We’re pleased our technology can be used to assist the American Red Cross, an organization we’ve selected to support in helping citizens recover and rebuild,” said Dave Shull, senior vice president of Programming for DISH Network. “We look forward to using this unique donation approach to aid other causes in the future.”

DISH Network subscribers’ gifts to the American Red Cross will help those affected by the recent tornadoes and floods in the United States or those affected by the earthquake in Japan and subsequent tsunami throughout the Pacific. Donations will enable the Red Cross to provide shelter, food, emotional support and other assistance to victims of these disasters.

“This support from DISH Network and its customers is critically important as we work to provide help and hope to survivors of the storms across the U.S. and the earthquake and tsunami in Japan,” said Michael J. Brown, vice president of Corporate and Foundation Giving at the American Red Cross.

To make a donation through DISH Network, a customer’s satellite receiver must be connected to a broadband or telephone line.

For more information, visit wlmailhtml:{3B5FAAA6-1C8F-4DE6-9A8F...08/!x-usc:http://www.dishnetwork.com/donationwww.dishnetwork.com/donation or wlmailhtml:{3B5FAAA6-1C8F-4DE6-9A8F-4329BEFFE928}mid://00001608/!x-usc:http://www.redcross.org/www.redcross.org.

I don't have my phone line hooked up, and the csr wanted to charge me $5 to do it over the phone with an agent.

I'm surprised they didn't do this during the presidential election, after all we did have the Obama channel.

All jokes aside, not a bad idea.

Scott Greczkowski said:
DISH Network LAUNCHES DONATION CHANNELS

Customers Can Point and Click to Instantly Donate to American Red Cross Relief Efforts in U.S. and Japan

Englewood, Colo., May 17, 2011 ? DISH Network L.L.C., a subsidiary of DISH Network Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH), has dedicated two on-demand channels to solicit donations from customers to provide disaster relief assistance in the United States and Japan.

Now through July 31, 2011, DISH Network customers can visit channels 1 or 501 and select one of the following channels labeled ?Donate Storm Relief? or ?Donate to Japan Here.? They can then follow the simple on-screen instructions to make a $5 donation, which will be added to their subsequent monthly bill.

?We?re pleased our technology can be used to assist the American Red Cross, an organization we?ve selected to support in helping citizens recover and rebuild,? said Dave Shull, senior vice president of Programming for DISH Network. ?We look forward to using this unique donation approach to aid other causes in the future.?

DISH Network subscribers? gifts to the American Red Cross will help those affected by the recent tornadoes and floods in the United States or those affected by the earthquake in Japan and subsequent tsunami throughout the Pacific. Donations will enable the Red Cross to provide shelter, food, emotional support and other assistance to victims of these disasters.

?This support from DISH Network and its customers is critically important as we work to provide help and hope to survivors of the storms across the U.S. and the earthquake and tsunami in Japan,? said Michael J. Brown, vice president of Corporate and Foundation Giving at the American Red Cross.

To make a donation through DISH Network, a customer?s satellite receiver must be connected to a broadband or telephone line.

For more information, visit wlmailhtml:{3B5FAAA6-1C8F-4DE6-9A8F...08/!x-usc:http://www.dishnetwork.com/donationwww.dishnetwork.com/donation or wlmailhtml:{3B5FAAA6-1C8F-4DE6-9A8F-4329BEFFE928}mid://00001608/!x-usc:http://www.redcross.org/www.redcross.org.

the Red Cross will go to any length to line the pockets of it's directors. They are still hanging on to most of the money that was donated for Haiti Relief

I don't like this. Let the bashing begin. I am tired of being hit up all the time for donations and this is not approprate to me that this is being included with DISH. I boycot retailers that panhandle for donations. There are many reports how the Red Cross mishandles money and the Japan Govenment dumped most of their money into their stock market the day after the quakes, instead of giving the money to their own citizens. I believe DISH should stay focused on business and not special interest.

I don't like this. Let the bashing begin. I am tired of being hit up all the time for donations and this is not approprate to me that this is being included with DISH. I boycot retailers that panhandle for donations. There are many reports how the Red Cross mishandles money and the Japan Govenment dumped most of their money into their stock market the day after the quakes, instead of giving the money to their own citizens. I believe DISH should stay focused on business and not special interest.

No one is making you donate, no one is making you click on the donate button, or even stop by the channel. Do you honestly think that this is takings Dish's focus off of business. Seriously, some people simply amaze me...

What a waste of bandwidth. We are so saturated with donation requests already, from newspapers (they still exist!) radio, TV news and PSA's, Internet, cell phones, guys ringing a bell at Xmas, etc. So we have to have a 24/7 "donation channel"; and how much is it costing Dish to run it?

Fox Acting Up Again

DIRT Any news on DISH DNS service

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)