Dish Network Greeting

larrykenney

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 16, 2004
San Francisco, CA
I was pleasantly surprised to see a one minute Christmas greeting from Dish in my list of recorded shows yesterday. "We Dish you a Merry Christmas"... rather cute, I thought.

How do they set it up so that everyone gets a feed like that? I certainly didn't mark it for recording.

Larry
SF

Sat. Timers.

They beam the timer down via satellite. I skipped mine. lol. Saw the "DISH you a Merry Christmas" commercial though, I liked it :) .

I thought that it was pretty cool. I liked the fact that they had the guts to say 'Merry Christmas' instead of the generic 'Happy Holidays' that seems to be the norm these days.

Well, I gotta believe it's gonna come back. But, then again, that doesn't mean you have to watch it...

Hmm? In my experience, if I delete the timer they beamed down, then yeah it comes back. However, if I just skip the events that the timer sets, then it doesn't record anything, and the timer eventually goes away on it's own. Also figured out it doesn't affect the 96-timer limit. At one point I had 97 timers, because of that sat. timer they beamed down. I'm not sure though if you have to delete it to add timer #96, because I already had 96 timers and it beamed down #97.

Yeah, it doesn't stop future timers from beaming down, but it will at least stop that same timer from re-appearing every time you delete it.

:up

It's Christmas people! I'm thankful that I can afford to even have an HDTV w/Dish...Can't we just accept a Christmas greeting from anyone without trying to perverse it???

Ghpr13:)
Beautifully put, Ghpr. :up:up:up

Regional Sports Question

Dish HD PQ looks much better lately

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)