dish installation q's

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rsx

Original poster
Nov 26, 2006
hi all

got a system set up for directv with a round dish with one LNB. i'm trying to upgrade to a three LNB dish but for some reason i can't get anything on the new dish.

even though i'm installing in the same location, same post, i can't even get the "A" satelitte (101) with the new dish.

where can i verify the tilt/elevation/azimuth settings?

rick

rsx said:
where can i verify the tilt/elevation/azimuth settings?

Inside the setup/aiming menu of the receiver itself.

Manually set it to 3 LNB dish or multi-LNB dish. (what make & model receiver?)

Type in your zip code to get the AZ/EL/Skew

Inside the setup/aiming menu of the receiver itself.

Manually set it to 3 LNB dish or multi-LNB dish. (what make & model receiver?)

Type in your zip code to get the AZ/EL/Skew

yeah, i tried that but i cannot get the three LNB setup to work. its weird that the one with one does but not the three. i thought maybe the receiver was giving me the wrong information so i wanted to cross reference it elsewhere.

yeah, i tried that but i cannot get the three LNB setup to work. its weird that the one with one does but not the three. i thought maybe the receiver was giving me the wrong information so i wanted to cross reference it elsewhere.

Are you pointing the dish at the 110 sat? The single lnb dish points at 101, but the 3 lnb dish points to 110.

Are you pointing the dish at the 110 sat? The single lnb dish points at 101, but the 3 lnb dish points to 110.

The recommended way to align the Phase 3 is to line up with the 101 initially, not the 110.

See: http://www.directv.com/learn/pdf/12429_00_AntennaManual_1D.pdf

It may help the OP if he covers the 110 and 119 LNB with foil, sets the Dish to round dish, get alignment to 101, then set dish to oval, the 110 and 119 should then fall into place if skew is set correctly.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

HR10-250 to H20-700

Connecting all my devices together!!??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)