Dish Installation cost on other rooms

Ceas2182

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Dec 18, 2004
Disneyland, Cali
Hey you guys,
If you have an existing box and connection in the living room and you wanted a connection for 2 bedrooms. How much would dish do it for? Would it be cheaper to do it yourself and install it.

Thanks

It depends on the installer and/or company/retailer would charge you when they come out to do the installation. If you install it yourself then it would be cheaper since you would not have to pay an installer to do it. The only thing you would do is hook it up and call to activate it. You would have to make sure you have enough outputs for the extra receivers such as a DP-34 switch (if you dont have it already) with a DishPro setup or a quad lnbf.

What model receivers do you have and what type of dish do you have? How long have you had your system? Does it say DP or DishPro on the lnbf's?

It depends on your capabilities. Some subscribers are better than most professional installers.

I always do my own, since I have been a professional in-wall electrician and home theater (including dbs) technician since the early days of television when everything was OTA.

If you are handy with tools and have experience with house construction and electrical work, I'd do it yourself.

Ceas2182 said:
I have a 311 reciever and have a SuperDish and I have had it for at least a 5 months
Well, that should mean you've got a DP34 with 3 unused outputs. Just run the RG-6 - preferably dual if there's ANY chance of needing 2 tuners and/or OTA.

Pay attention to how things are grounded, and make sure that base is covered - for both the existing setup and your new stuff. Do a search on "grounding" you'll probably find a lot more than you want. ;)

Need Help

Four 510's or two 522's ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)