Dish DuoDvr Vip 722

jm1979

Original poster
Oct 21, 2010
California
I recently switched over to Directv after being with dish for 5 years but I am finding myself thinking about switching back to Dish.

I had a Dish 522 that would allow me to record a program at the very spot I pressed the pause button.

Directv dvrs don't allow me to do this.

With Directv, if I start watching a program at 9:00am and want to record a part of the program at 9:30am, instead of recording it at 9:30am, it starts recording what I was watching at 9:00am.

Is this just the way Directv dvrs operate or is the Dish DuoDvr Vip 722 like this as well?

Will I be able to record the program exactly where I paused it or do I have to record the program in its entirety(assuming that I have been watching it from the beginning)?

The ViP722 by default records from where you hit the record button to the scheduled end of the program. Other options are recording until you press stop or recording the entire program (if you aren't more than 30 minutes into the program already).

If your goal is to record half the program, set a manual timer.

With my old 522 I could watch a show and then if I saw something I wanted to record during the show, I could pause it, record it and then press stop and record just that small segment.

It seems like you already answered my question but I just want you (or anyone else) to confirm;

I can still do this with the 722, correct?

With my old 522 I could watch a show and then if I saw something I wanted to record during the show, I could pause it, record it and then press stop and record just that small segment.

It seems like you already answered my question but I just want you (or anyone else) to confirm;

I can still do this with the 722, correct?
Yes. You can do this with the 722--and others.

722k System Wizard

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)