Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I never saw a press release disclosing a company has a Non Disclosure Agreement with another company before... until now. :)

Here you go.

DISH Network Acknowledges Receipt of NDA from Sprint

Reiterates Willingness to Enter into Mutual Discussions with Sprint and to Commit to Financing
ENGLEWOOD, Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- DISH Network Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH) today announced that it has received a non-disclosure agreement from Sprint Nextel Corp. (NYSE: S) ("Sprint"), requesting DISH's agreement for the purpose of clarifying and providing further information to Sprint regarding its proposal made on April 15, 2013. Additionally, as stated in DISH's announcement dated April 22, 2013, the Company is available to meet with Sprint's Board, management and advisors to discuss its plans and willingness to provide committed financing.
DISH confirms that it has provided information to the Special Committee in response to their information requests and will continue to provide additional information. The Special Committee has expressed that they are reviewing this offer in good faith. Furthermore, DISH looks forward to being able to conduct confirmatory due diligence as soon as possible. DISH is confident it has exceeded the standards required in the proposed agreement between Sprint and SoftBank Corp. in terms of providing a bona fide written proposal that is reasonably likely to lead to a superior offer. According to the criteria in the agreement between Sprint and SoftBank Corp., DISH has detailed to Sprint's Special Committee its proposal regarding financial terms, material legal terms, regulatory aspects, and financing commitments, as being more favorable from a financial point of view.
"We remain confident that the Sprint Board will share our view that this proposal is superior by offering Sprint shareholders greater value with a higher price and more cash, while also creating the opportunity to participate meaningfully in a combined, and competitively unique, DISH/Sprint," said Charlie Ergen, Chairman of DISH Network. Mr. Ergen continued, "A combined DISH/Sprint will benefit from synergies and growth opportunities estimated at $37 billion in net present value that are not attainable through the pending SoftBank proposal. We have a proven track record in raising capital to fund strategic initiatives and have received a Highly Confident Letter from our financial advisor, Barclays, confirming our ability to raise the required financing."

I truly hope Dish doesn't get Sprint, it's not that I'm against Dish but I don't see anything good for the consumer to come out of this. When Softbank first made their offer I was excited at the thought that they would bring some of their practices overseas to the US. Softbank has lowered costs and made plans/contracts more consumer friendly, currently the US cellphone market could use some more competition and outside influence. Besides Canada the US has some of the highest costs, worst contracts, and flacky coverage in the developed world. When Softbank/Sprint finish building their nex-gen/4g network I could see good changes to plans and contracts that would favor consumers making Verizon and AT&T adapt and finally stop the collusion that is currently going on in the wireless market.

I truly hope Dish doesn't get Sprint, it's not that I'm against Dish but I don't see anything good for the consumer to come out of this. When Softbank first made their offer I was excited at the thought that they would bring some of their practices overseas to the US. Softbank has lowered costs and made plans/contracts more consumer friendly, currently the US cellphone market could use some more competition and outside influence. Besides Canada the US has some of the highest costs, worst contracts, and flacky coverage in the developed world. When Softbank/Sprint finish building their nex-gen/4g network I could see good changes to plans and contracts that would favor consumers making Verizon and AT&T adapt and finally stop the collusion that is currently going on in the wireless market.

^ What this guy said. We have pretty much the same take on this situation.

See what is happening with Dish right now, with the extra fees. I see the same thing happening with Sprint to an extent. I don't see Dish doing the extra fees in the beginning until they grow their customer base so that they can be more competitive. I can see them having technological advances and Echostar making the phones. Could Echostar be the next Apple?

What if you're talking on an Echostar phone around 1AM? Will the automatic update delay?

You reprogram it to do the auto updates when your asleep like 4 am haha. Or the phone detects over a period of time when you do not use it then decides on the time to do the update.

zim2704 said:

I agree also. Dish is the worst choice

You might as well go ahead and make that your new sig....

LMAO

haters-gonna-hate_o_703371.jpg

OK. Sprint is at least entertaining Dish's offer somewhat seriously. Sprint is letting Dish look at company's books. That is not an advisable thing to do unless that company is considering the acquisition because despite NDA, "word," or more accurately, the numbers do get out and around as rumored or "sources say" or "it is believed to be" all the journalistic euphemisms you can think of, and people who really see the books (even inside the company) like to blab, so long as they are NOT on the record.

409, 419, 448....

Channel lists wont complete

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts