Dish connection Help

Tony Riecken

Original poster
Oct 23, 2015
fremont
I have a used Dish HD satellite with 3 LNB and two coax coming out of the dish and a new 211z HD Receiver. I have the satellite pointed and receiving a signal using only one of the coax cables hooked up to the receiver and i only get half of the channels. what do i need to to hook up both cables to the receiver? thank you

The internal switch on the lnb should know what receiver is connected to it and it should send all channels down both cables regardless.

The lnb switch only sends individual satellite signals down the cable if it detects another switch downstream.

Disconnect the cable from your 211, run a check switch to clear the switch matrix then reconnect the satellite and run check switch again - that might kick it in.

Otherwise you may have a faulty lnb.

Can you determine if the missing channels are all from a specific satellite or from multiple satellites seemingly at random?

Not sure if this helps, but i will explain what i'm doing. This is for a shop about 1 mile from my house and i bought the new receiver and said it was for and RV and that i had a used HD Receiver with 3 LNB (2) Cables coming from the Dish and they said it can be used with the 211Z and it would be $7 a month to hook it up. So i have done that. I activated the receiver at my house and then took it to the shop and pointed the dish to get the signal with only one of the cables and i think it is only seeing the 119 satellite and i only get about half the channels. i have read elsewhere that a switch or a node is needed to receive the other channels, that's when i signed up for this forum hoping to get some real expert advice. Thank you for help by the way.

Tony DISH does not allow use of Receivers at multiple locations so you are violating your terms of use agreement.

You need to run a check switch test on the receiver at your new location that will tell the receiver what satellites you are connected to.

Tony DISH does not allow use of Receivers at multiple locations so you are violating your terms of use agreement.

You need to run a check switch test on the receiver at your new location that will tell the receiver what satellites you are connected to.
With only the one cable? Does it matter witch of the two cables i use from the dish?

What dish / LNB setup do you have? You should have three outputs on your LNB switch and provided you are correctly pointed and seeing all three sats each cable should see all three. Which output are you plugged into with the cable going to your 211? Connect up to port 1 and run the check switch and report back which satellites it sees.

What dish / LNB setup do you have? You should have three outputs on your LNB switch and provided you are correctly pointed and seeing all three sats each cable should see all three. Which output are you plugged into with the cable going to your 211? Connect up to port 1 and run the check switch and report back which satellites it sees.
Ok will do, thank you

Looking To Come Back To Dish

Public Interest Channels?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts