Dish Configuration Recommendation

cspiteri

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 14, 2004
I plan to switch from DirecTV to Dish Network in the next month. I will be doing my own installation as I have a tile roof and don`t want to take the chance on damage. I will be removing my DirecTV dish and using the current mount to install the Dish Network dish. I have 2 choices of dish configuration. The Dish 500 or the eliptical Dish 1000, (NOT the Plus models). I am interested only in the 110 & 119 satellites and will be using the DishPro Twin LNB. My question is which of these dishes would be the easiest to align for my usage AND which would give me the best signal??

For SD-only English language service, the DISH 500 will probably serve you better than any of the DISH 1000 series. It is fairly forgiving to align and works fine.

If you've already got a DIRECTV non-HD dish mounted where you like it, you should be able to slip off the DIRECTV dish and put the DISH Network dish on the same mast (assuming that you still have Line-Of-Sight).

I DO NOT recommend buying the dish but rather bargaining with the installer to let you install the one they provide.

Please remember: depending on where you live, a DISH 1000 may be required so don't outsmart yourself.

I plan to switch from DirecTV to Dish Network in the next month. I will be doing my own installation as I have a tile roof and don`t want to take the chance on damage. I will be removing my DirecTV dish and using the current mount to install the Dish Network dish. I have 2 choices of dish configuration. The Dish 500 or the eliptical Dish 1000, (NOT the Plus models). I am interested only in the 110 & 119 satellites and will be using the DishPro Twin LNB. My question is which of these dishes would be the easiest to align for my usage AND which would give me the best signal??

You have no clue what you're doing...

For SD-only English language service, the DISH 500 will probably serve you better than any of the DISH 1000 series. It is fairly forgiving to align and works fine.

If you've already got a DIRECTV non-HD dish mounted where you like it, you should be able to slip off the DIRECTV dish and put the DISH Network dish on the same mast (assuming that you still have Line-Of-Sight).

I DO NOT recommend buying the dish but rather bargaining with the installer to let you install the one they provide.

Please remember: depending on where you live, a DISH 1000 may be required so don't outsmart yourself.

... and neither do you.

Thank you HARSHNESS for the reply which is correct and exactly what I plan to do since the mast is plumb and the RG-6 is already there.
I have no line of sight issues and should have a good signal from the spotbeam maps.
I don`t know what Dr.Pepper is referring to????

Sign of hard drive going bad?

PRESS Release: DISH INTRODUCES AMERICA'S FIRST TRUE TV EVERYWHERE OFFERING

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)