Dish and CBS

trido

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 17, 2004
Southern indiana
Rereading the waiver and all that stuf am I correct just because my local CBS station doesn NOT transmit a HD signal I still can not get CBS HD via DISH.

Cause I am 5 miles from their analog signal

Seem like this all needs changing if my local CBS and FOX refuse to have HD why not via SAT?

Thanks

Trido

That's what the new bill the senate is trying to merge with the house will address. But for now, that's correct that you can not get CBS via Dish unless the station is an O&O or you have waivers or are in a white area.

trido said:
Rereading the waiver and all that stuf am I correct just because my local CBS station doesn NOT transmit a HD signal I still can not get CBS HD via DISH.

Seem like this all needs changing if my local CBS and FOX refuse to have HD why not via SAT?

Thanks

Trido
Pretty much right on point. I wonder if the Chief Engineers would be willing to allow a waiver with the condition that it would be void once they go HD?

My advice would be to talk to the Engineer or the GM, make it clear you just want to receive CBS programming, you are not out to not watch their station, if you can show them you appricate their station, and the local advertisers, they are more willing to grant wavers, than if you come off as if you just want an excuse not to watch them but a distant signal from NY or LA instead.

mattb said:
My advice would be to talk to the Engineer or the GM, make it clear you just want to receive CBS programming, you are not out to not watch their station, if you can show them you appricate their station, and the local advertisers, they are more willing to grant wavers, than if you come off as if you just want an excuse not to watch them but a distant signal from NY or LA instead.
Exactly, thats how I got my waivers and they threw in the SD feeds too...although I already get them on D*

trido said:

Thanks

Trido

Hey,

Don't know if that will apply to your case or not. Technically, I wasn't supposed to get CBS HD (from LA) also because. I live about 70 miles from the tower and I do get my locals over satellite. I spoke with the engineer from my local station and he suggested me the following: 1) Request a waiver with Dish to be able to obtain distant network. dish then contacted my local CBS office, they granted the waiver. 2) After the waiver was done I was getting CBS NY and LA, ask them to grant me also the CBS HD. Because Dish already had the waiver from the station for the distant network that also applied for the CBS LA HD.

Initially, I had tried to get the CBS HD directly and it was a nightmare. Dish said I had to contact my local station to request specifically a waiver for HD reception. When I contacted My local station they said they didn't grant waiver for HD. Called dish back and explained that to them and again, they said the same thing: call you local station for the waiver. Finally, I called the engineer of my local station and he told me to do what I wrote above. I think bottom line is, call you local station engineer!

Hope this wasn't confusing and hope it wil help you!

Francisco

921 remote Distinct ON and Off Codes

PVR 510 & Big Screen TV ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)