Status
Please reply by conversation.

chapelrun

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 12, 2008
Berryville, VA
When I got home on Friday evening my daughter said "You better go look at your dish". Of course, that got my attention and I went out and looked.

A fairly large branch had fallen out of the tree closest to the dish and was hanging almost over the dish - - - so that if it fell it would most likely hit the dish. :eek:

I pulled the tractor up behind the dish and put the bucket over the dish and then tried to make the branch fall somewhere besides on top of the dish.

As "Get Smart" would say "Missed me by that much!" Dish is safe!!! I think I would have been very sad if the branch had crushed my dish.

Here are some pix.

Attachments

• BranchDish.jpg
    BranchDish.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 295
  • TractorDishBranch.jpg
    TractorDishBranch.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 311
Yes, John Deere rules. Didn't do the fence much good , did it? As George Carlin said "Near miss-my @$$, that was a NEAR HIT! "

I must say - - - I'm partial to John Deere tractors - - - used to have a 1969 JD-820 which had about 31 HP - - - but traded that one for this 1979 JD-2040 which has about 40 HP and power steering! After you have power steering on a tractor it would be hard to go back. Also, I have an axiom that states that any tractor built before the advent of high speed computers is far superior to those designed and built after. In most cased the engineering factor applied to the slide rule was 2 - - - thus if all your calculations said to make the connecting rod with a cross-section of 0.5 sq. in - - - you would double that and make it 1.0 sq. in. Now the engineering factor may be around 1.02 of what the computer tells you.

Don't even get me going on my 1983 Volvo Wagon 240DL and how well it was engineered!!

I'm partial to John Deere tractors...
Great tractors. I have a friend who works at Deere. However, I'm partial to Rumely Oil Pulls...

I think even a Deere guy could get excited by these old horses going about their work.

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW - - - now that is impressive!!! Wonder how many bottom plow that is being pulled by those 4 tractors?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Any software out there is able to tune DSS?

DSS

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)