Dish Access Laws

Phil Olson

Original poster
Dec 11, 2007
My sister lives in a brick apartment where they don't allow dishes, even on the roof. The one place she could put one is benieth a stairway with no view of the south sky.

Is this legal? I thought that apartments, etc. had to allow access, brick or not, roof or not. Am I mistaken?

If anyone can point me to the particular documentation on the subject I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

My sister lives in a brick apartment where they don't allow dishes, even on the roof. The one place she could put one is benieth a stairway with no view of the south sky.

Is this legal? I thought that apartments, etc. had to allow access, brick or not, roof or not. Am I mistaken?

If anyone can point me to the particular documentation on the subject I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

Go to fcc.gov. They have all the information on what apartments can restrict and what they can't. However, to make a long story short, they can restrict any installation in areas that are not your exclusive use. For example, they can say you cannot mount to the building, but they CAN'T restrict you from putting one on a tripod on your balcony. Oh, and :welcome to Satelliteguys.us

Yup...if she doesn't have exclusive use of an area with LOS, she's out of luck.

Unless she has exclusive use of the roof (highly unlikely) they don't need to let one go on the roof.

DIRECTV sticks it to BHN over NFL network

Insight Added HD today

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)