Status
Please reply by conversation.

dragon002

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 7, 2005
DONORA PA
guys,

i know this is the directv forum, but a lot of techs on here rip out dish on a daily basis as i do. ive been a tech for 6 years this feb 20th, and i have never encountered this box before. it was marked dish network 111. this was the biggest joke i have ever seen!! the thing was around 7" X 7" X 2" , it was black PLASTIC:eek: and weighed all of 14 ounces. it looked like a cheap dvd player companies give away for free for promos.

WAIT.....i know.....it was dishs long awaited total media solution.......and to think , they ACTUALLY WANTED it back from the sub:haha

has any one else seen this fine product ?????

It would have been OK, if it didn't have just modulated channel 3/4 only. If they had only built it with RCA outputs.

What were they thinking?

mike ,

ive seen RF modulators from RADIO SHACK that were built better, looked more professional and probably cost more to produce than this piece of junk.

i thought our samsungs were junk, but the samsung would be a cray super computer compared to the 111

What was scarry about those were they cost the same as the much better built Dish 301.

Sometimes I look at some of there ideas and swear that the high altitude effects their thinking. :D

Scott Greczkowski said:
What was scarry about those were they cost the same as the much better built Dish 301.

Sometimes I look at some of there ideas and swear that the high altitude effects their thinking. :D

scott,

have you actually seen this fine quality , high end electronic marvel from the house of ergen???

this had to be a practical joke on someones part.

you know i have NO love for echostar, but this actually SHOCKED me!!!!

how pathetic,,,, how very, very pathetic

Scott Greczkowski said:

It is more from the 311 generation, since the card is built in. The 301 was an earlier receiver with a card needing to be inserted into the reader to function.

I like the 111 because of its light weight and its small size. I have had to start putting those in as the basic receiver to make up for the cut in commission. It still does not quite make up for it especially if the customer only gets one receiver. I liked the RCA outputs of the 301/311 receivers.

Stargazer said:
I like the 111 because of its light weight and its small size. I have had to start putting those in as the basic receiver to make up for the cut in commission. It still does not quite make up for it especially if the customer only gets one receiver. I liked the RCA outputs of the 301/311 receivers.

was this a tongue in cheek answer??

im curious.

that 111 is JUNK, it is really junk. if you are satisfied looking a sub in the face and telling them , "you have a quality system and im proud i installed it" then you really have drank ergens KOOLADE.

as i said before , i think dish is a joke, and scott will verify that , i am STILL in shock, they would actually market this crap.

i am stunned they would stoop that low.

oh, i get it that new sat at 65 cost him 125 million, so cut back on the irds:rolleyes:

once i saw that 111 , he is a gonna sell in 2006, mark my words, redstone WILL own echostar by 2007, HOSTILE takeover or MERGER, it is gonna happen:up

I said that for this year but I was wrong.

But he is bringiing in the key peopleto throw up the for sale sign.

BTW the 111 was made available 2 years ago and was only sold for 3 months.

It was introduced as a slave receiver with a dedicated remote at a $79 price when the 311/301 was $99 with features and a universal remote. It should have been a $29 additional receiver. Virtually no dealers picked up on it because it was just too cheap for the price DISH wanted to charge. RIP 111

Last edited:
Scott Greczkowski said:
I guess you didn't see the remote. :) My 2 year old sons Sponge Bob TV came with a better remote. :D

yeah scott i saw it, it is smaller than the smallest rca universal remote, with less functions:eek:

must have cost them MILLIONS to develope that one.

probably $1.09 and the IRD was $1.99:D

Scott Greczkowski said:
I said that for this year but I was wrong.

But he is bringiing in the key peopleto throw up the for sale sign.

BTW the 111 was made available 2 years ago and was only sold for 3 months.

scott,

so you also think charlie will no longer dish by the end of 2006???

i sorely hope the door doesnt hit him on the *ss on the way OUT:devil:

Tell the true, I had see more Dish bad receivers and I agree the 111 is a piece of low class plastic junk.

The 111 was $89 to start out then later lowered to $79 while the 301/311 remained at $99. The 111's are still around and still qualify in the same promotions that the 301/311's do. I thought they just introduced it last year? I did not think they were out for two years already. I've had very little trouble out of these. They actually have been just as reliable if not more reliable than the 301/311 receivers.

Though I personally would never want a 111, for a typical "AARP member" install these might be a good fit. I'm talking about a house with a single 1980's or earlier console TV with no home theatre, no digital audio, no nothing but an RF input. Very simple to install and the small box is easier to hide amongst the photos or other objects cluttering the top of the TV.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Question about R10 and HD Reciever...

Help with a 3-sat MDU install

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)