Dish 1000 series installation question

leech lake

Original poster
Dec 18, 2010
mpls
Hi, I'm new to Dish and just switched from Direct TV and want to install a dish @ my cabin so I can take my receiver from home when I go to the lake. I'm getting a 2nd 1000.2 or 1000.4 dish or compatible 1000 series triple LNB dish and only will have the need one receiver 211k & tv setup but would like it to be receiving 110, 119 & 129.
My question is - Can I get by running one cable from my dish into building and receive all 3 satellites without any additional accesories? If not is this possible? I see the dish diagrams show 3 ports but are all named to specific satellite and I'm not familiar with if say connected rg6 cable to port 1 and turned on the receiver (assuming dish was aimed properly would I see all 3 satellite signals through one cable from dish or would I only see 1 of the 3? I don't follow how the 3 signals end up together in one rg6 or is there something in the dish that combines the signals (per port) prior to exiting the port @ the dish?
What is the easiest, cleanest way for me to accomplish what I've described?
In summary a 1000 dish to one 211k & tv setup receiving sat.'s 110,119 & 129......
Any help is appreciated, thanks.

1k2 dish hits those three sats. When you get it, you will notice there are four ports labeled 1,2,3,to LNB. Run the line to your receiver off port one. All the switching of satellites is done inside the 1k2 LNB

If your cabin has an Actual Physical Address, you can get a tech out there for the install as a Dish Mover

vash1090,
thanks for the info!
If I were to call it in as a dish mover, would I need to actually switch my service for a period of time to this address, for it to be eligible?
Or would they do an install for my situation where I only use it occasionally on weekends etc. My main account is my current home &
this install would be similar to an RV situation.

If you're going up there regularly, it shouldn't be any problem leaving it on that address for a few months or so. If you ever need it serviced though, make sure you have the correct address listed at the time.

I'm just going to do the install, I purchased a satellite finder SF-95B and am wondering if it's a benifit to pick up the optional power cord or if just using the receiver as power supply is just as handy for one install? Is it worth the $5?

welcome :wave leech lake from another Minnesotan (and cabin dweller...Mille Lacs Lake here...I assume you have a place near Leech) :)

Its pretty easy to install the D1000.2
I pulled up Walker on dishpointer (dishpointer.com) and got this for the numbers
31 elevation
210 azimuth
111 skew

they might change slightly depending on where you are actually but those numbers should be close. I installed one for my uncle just outside of Backus and those numbers were what I used

Yes I'm on Leech near Stony Point, just west of Pelican island - basically straight east of Walker & slightly NW of Whipolt... I used to fish Mille Lacs in the 90's before we bought our cabin.
I installed a direct tv dual lnb with out a finder @ my cabin several years ago and I realize this one's a little more complex, but with the right equipment, it looks very doable.
Thanks to everyone for all the info.
This is a great site with a wealth of info!

2nd TV lost satelitte, snowy picture - can you help?

1000.4 Western Arc Dish Coming Soon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)