Dish 1000 Pole

chastulsa

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 4, 2003
Searched but didnt see the answer...

Does D1000 use the same pole as D500? Be nice if it did so I can swap them faster... :)

chastulsa said:
Searched but didnt see the answer...

Does D1000 use the same pole as D500? Be nice if it did so I can swap them faster... :)
When Dish swapped my Dish 500 for the Dish 1000, they replaced the support arm. They used the same base plate that was attached to the house.

The diameter is the same, but the mast is just a bit longer. There have been instances where I have used a D500 mast in the place of a D1000 mast.

Conversely, I've also used the D1000 mast for a D500 install. There are times when it helps to insure a better LOS.

It depends on your dish angle as to whether you will need that longer mast that came with the Dish1000 or not. In a lot of markets the longer mast is not needed.

The Dish 1000 mast has more side clearance for horizontal swing, if the line of sight is parallel to the wall onto which the pole is mounted.

webbydude and Mike500 have it right.

Me, I'll use what's already there (even a D* mast) as long as I've got clearance. Doesn't hurt to save a few of the longer D1000 arms for that rainy day. ;)

$25 bonus anniversary coupon ???

2.83 for 942 reported spooling

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)