Diseqc switchs problems

Status
Please reply by conversation.

saidias

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 13, 2005
Well, I got my QuadPolar LNBF today, as well as a 4-1 Diseqc switch....Im having issues:)

I don't know if my switch is bad, but its not working...

Here is the current config:

Pansat 2700A -> SG2100 -> Switch (2.0) -> #1 is Linear #2 is Circular

In the setup, I selected Diseqc #1 for all my Ku Birds, and select #2 for my Dish/EchoStar Birds.

Oh, Ku (#1 - Linear) is set to "Standard" - Dish/EchoStar (#2 - Circular) is set to "Single Stack"

The Ku is working GREAT!, but when I select a Dish/Echo* bird it gives me signal quality, but I get no picture......So, I went up and dissconnected the coax from #2, (wife and I were talking via cellphone while I did this) and there was NO guality drop.....I dissconnected the #1 as well, and then got no signal.....(it appears the swith is only passing though port #1)

I screwed the #2 cable (circular) to port #1 and BAM, got to Echo* video to come in...

I know that all sound confusing....but it appears that the switch isn't switching....what am I missing?

Thanks.
MD

saidias said:
Well, I got my QuadPolar LNBF today, as well as a 4-1 Diseqc switch....Im having issues:)

I don't know if my switch is bad, but its not working...

Here is the current config:

Pansat 2700A -> SG2100 -> Switch (2.0) -> #1 is Linear #2 is Circular

In the setup, I selected Diseqc #1 for all my Ku Birds, and select #2 for my Dish/EchoStar Birds.

Oh, Ku (#1 - Linear) is set to "Standard" - Dish/EchoStar (#2 - Circular) is set to "Single Stack"

The Ku is working GREAT!, but when I select a Dish/Echo* bird it gives me signal quality, but I get no picture......So, I went up and dissconnected the coax from #2, (wife and I were talking via cellphone while I did this) and there was NO guality drop.....I dissconnected the #1 as well, and then got no signal.....(it appears the swith is only passing though port #1)

I screwed the #2 cable (circular) to port #1 and BAM, got to Echo* video to come in...

I know that all sound confusing....but it appears that the switch isn't switching....what am I missing?

Thanks.
MD

always make sure to turn off the receiver via the switch on the back when you are changing stuff around so you don't burn out the switch :)

But for DBS, select "Standard" and change LO frequency to 11250 :)
Then it will work

Yes, make sure you turn off the equipment. I had a similar problem and found out I blow a port because I did not turn off the equipment when changing the coax cables.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Pansat 2700a

Setup info..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)