Status
Please reply by conversation.

jself1982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 15, 2006
South Carolina
:( :mad: :(

These are the times that I hate the most...

Ok, here is my problem:

Get home from work tonight, power up my systems to catch the end of my monday night program that I like so very much only to find that my 4x1 switch has blew up, this is the 3rd one in the last i'd say 6 weeks. Port 1-Invacom L, Port 2-Invacom Cir., Port 3-Cband from BUD, Port 4-nothing. This morning when I left for work I was watching FTA on G10R, come home tonight and my Port 1 does not work, however ports 2 and 3 are working fine. So I go and unplug all my receivers and what not, I know how delicate these switches are...redo all the wiring (in the mean time miss the end to the feed I was trying to catch) and after powering everything back up, nothing works at all...so I go and take the switch out and just have Invacom Lin. hooked directly to motor and it works fine, so conclusion-blew another switch. Here is my question...why does these switches keep blowing up? Is there a particular switch I need? I have been getting the past ones from Sadoun, and not saying nothing at all bad about them and there business because I am pleased with them, but the switches suck! It was protected in its weather cover and all and somehow throughout the day it somehow quit working with no one home! :confused: So can someone please send me a link to the correct switch I need. $30 a pop including shipping is getting to be a nuisance for now the 4th time in the past 6 weeks. And this happened before I got the c-band too. Does anyone have any ideas on what is wrong? Any input is appreciated greatly, I just want this ongoing problem to go away!

Wish I new what to tell you jself, but I'm as lost as you are? I've only had one switch go bad, and it was a Pansat 4x1. I think it was me though, and not the switch?

Al

I've never had a switch blow on me yet... I'm starting to wonder if you have a surge protector on your reciever that is working? If not, go out and get one of those cool ones that do both electrical and coax.

I have a surge protector on all my equipment, however it is not the ones that allow coax hookups, if that was the case I guess I'd need about 9 :eek: LOL...however I guess I will order another, I can't go without my FTA!

have the same switch setup for 3 years now with no issues. I did blow a port once on a different switch and that was because I forgot to shut the recever off

I had one 2x1 Switch go out on me last week and a lost one port on a 4x1 switch day before yesterday. Both times my I had my receiver turned off with the switch on the back of the receiver. They do seem to be delicate things.

The switch was between the motor and LNB, I thought maybe one of my ports had went out but that was not the case. :( I was just hoping I wasn't doing anything wrong.

Just a thought, but have you tried a reboot on the receiver? Maybe it's not the switch, but the receiver is acting up. My Pansat gets very odd at times. A couple of days ago, I turned it on and wasn't getting anything. So, I moved to another sat and waited and waited and waited. Then I went back to the original sat and waited and waited and nothing. I'm frustated now and I put it to move to the middle of my arc and went to the window and watched it move, and it moved till it stopped. It looked like it was in the right place, very strange? I'm begining to think my dish must be knocked off? For some reason unknown to me, I went over to the receiver and flipped the switch on the back and let it reboot and "Booomm" there was my signal. I still have no idea what happened or what caused it?

Al

I have had 3 4/1 switches from sadoun go within a few month.They seem to be unreliable.I am not using one right now,so no problem.
Reinhold.

I would suggest getting a Chieta 4 X 1 DiseqC switch. They are extremely rugged and well known for their durability. I helped a friend set up his system a few years ago and that is what he used and it is still going strong. They are more expensive but, according to him (and some other comments I have read elsewhere) well worth the extra money.
grusome

Are all of your system coax cables grounded to the same common ground for your home's electrical system before entering the home? The multiple receivers sharing the LNBFs, splitters and DiSEqC may have a voltage grounding potential.

Check for voltage flowing to ground from each of the coax cable tips at the switch, ground block and receivers.

Reinhold said:
I have had 3 4/1 switches from sadoun go within a few month.They seem to be unreliable.I am not using one right now,so no problem.
Reinhold.

I'll second that one. Bought two from them and one of them only port 1 and port 4 work, the other one doesn't work at all (never did). Bought a friends switch over to the house and no probs.

Prob is that Sadoun has no return policy. I've bought many other things from them and will continue to do business, but I will NEVER buy another switch there.

SatelliteAV has a good point, back when I had seperate Stereo Components ( pre amp, seperate amps and a LP player)... I had a terrible ground loop hum, until I grounded Everything... different eqiupment, but possibly same concept...

Proper grounding for both the dishes and coaxial are key.

Since the switches are very delicate to surges, it is very important that you have good grounding.

We guarantee the switches against DOA.

I would be happy to send a few free samples to different users to test against other brands. PM if you want to beta test.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

2 Recievers + 1 Remote Control + 1 TV

Chaparral Corotor II+® Dual Band Feedhorn and ku

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)