211 installation - smooth as silk - No extra fees!

philhu

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 1, 2004
Cold Boston Area
Hi

I replaced my 811 with a 211 I bought yesterday. Well, actually added the 211 to my pkg, so the 811 will stay hd authorized for now.

Called tech support at dish. He set it up for me without a problem. 10 minutes.

I ordered the DishHD Basic package ($29.99).

Got charged just that, no $6 unqualified pkg fee, just $29.99 and extra rcvr fee.

So it is pretty cheap.

Everything came on in 5 minutes, just as my favorite cancelled show, Medical Investigation was coming on on UniversalHD. It was a wonderful thing! :)

Wierd, and take it for what its worth. I chatted with the tech guy for 20 minutes about hd. He was very knowledgeable, but get this, he says he works somewhere that does both Dish and DTV support!! And he hears both sides all the time

Finally a post by some one who got the Stand-Alone HD Package. I can't get any info from CS about this, they say it's not available. Maybe I should ask for tech support?
What did you ask for?
Do you have access to the 61.5 or 129?
And are you getting all the available MPEG-4 chans?

hiker said:
Finally a post by some one who got the Stand-Alone HD Package. I can't get any info from CS about this, they say it's not available. Maybe I should ask for tech support?
What did you ask for?
Do you have access to the 61.5 or 129?
And are you getting all the available MPEG-4 chans?

I specifically asked for the 'DishHD Basic' package for $29.99

He asked if I had a dish 1000 already. I said I did, and already have 61.5, 110, 119, he said. OK!

Yes, I get all the MPeg-4 channels on the 211, all the HD, nothing than that though except a few random channels here and there. The 811 still gets the older hd stuff.

hiker said:
Thanks.
If you already have 61.5 dish why do you have a Dish 1000? I thought you didn't need the 129 if you have the 61.5.
Sometimes it's easier just to tell them what they want to hear. Boston can't even see the 129 satellite. :)

mdonnelly said:
Sometimes it's easier just to tell them what they want to hear. Boston can't even see the 129 satellite. :)

Exactly. I would have answered I had a Dish 5million if he asked. I mean, we know what we need. They are catering the questions to the clueless!

philhu said:
Hi

I replaced my 811 with a 211 I bought yesterday. Well, actually added the 211 to my pkg, so the 811 will stay hd authorized for now.

Called tech support at dish. He set it up for me without a problem. 10 minutes.

I ordered the DishHD Basic package ($29.99).

Got charged just that, no $6 unqualified pkg fee, just $29.99 and extra rcvr fee.

So it is pretty cheap.

Everything came on in 5 minutes, just as my favorite cancelled show, Medical Investigation was coming on on UniversalHD. It was a wonderful thing! :)

Wierd, and take it for what its worth. I chatted with the tech guy for 20 minutes about hd. He was very knowledgeable, but get this, he says he works somewhere that does both Dish and DTV support!! And he hears both sides all the time

I had the same experience yesterday. I upgraded and had a 211 shipped via UPS. What a great receiver! The software is much better for the guide and menu's. I also notice the sound on my HT receiver, via the digital out, is much better.

My experience yesterday was the same smooth as silk. I got home from work, hooked it up and after it was done downloading software I called dish.

I was on the phone for 15 minutes. I also agree with Scott, the 211 blows the 811 outta the water.

Yeah I had no issues getting the 411 up and running just getting the 1000 to see the 129.After that just ativated and it's great comparied to the 811 and so far very happy with it.

What do you mean by "Dish HD basic package"? Does that include ALL the HD channels? Why weren't you charged the $6 access fee?

501 DVR sees only 2 satellites

Probably switching to Dish from DirecTV, a few questions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)