DirecTV May Take on Netflix With Stream Video Sub Service

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
A day after Dish Network closed its acquisition of Blockbuster, which it is expected to use to strengthen streaming video offers, it emerged Wednesday that satellite TV rival DirecTV is thinking about launching a Netflix-type streaming service. Janney Montgomery Scott analyst Tony Wible in a report Wednesday mentioned a DirecTV survey that mentions that such a new service is being mulled.
Source & More: hollywoodreporter.com

My bet is for a half ass implementation when compared to netflix. Anything better will cannibalize their golden cow (premiums & ppv).

I would think that they have to look at other outside of the box items like Dish is doing, it may work it may not

It depends on how they put it together. If it is subject to the extreme neutering that Netflix suffers from where you have to wait 28+ days for new releases, and only offers a handful of streaming titles whose streaming license can be revoked at any time without notice causing things to disappear from your queue (my "no longer available" list is longer than my instant queue at this point), then I'll stick with Netflix unless it beats the $8 a month. If they can guarantee a larger streaming selection (including Starz Play) and the price is in line, I'll give it a shot.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Reducing Cost...

Series 2 Directivo stuttering audio and video freezing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)