DirecTV, HDTV and Buying a new TV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

shaffer001

Original poster
Jan 18, 2005
I would like to buy a 50" widescreen HDTV. I have DirecTV with TIVO currently. It seems that none of the sets on the market are directly compatible with DirectTV and/or offer many features that will not work with satellite TV. Any thoughts on what is the best TV match for DirecTV?

shaffer001 said:
It seems that none of the sets on the market are directly compatible with DirectTV and/or offer many features that will not work with satellite TV.

What do you mean by directly compatible? Just about any tv like that should be fine for D*.

dgordo knows it! All set are "compatible" with DirecTV service. If you are referring to the units with the integrated receivers well no you will not find one now. This was kind of a bad idea since technologies change so rapidly. It is a lot easier to swap out a STB vs swapping an integrated tuner (can't be done).

First find out what kind of TV you would like to get, then move to what receiving hardware you want as the connectivity options on your TV will certainly factor in your purchase.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

My senator called me about digital distants complaint

Ucentric is Now Motorola

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)