DirecTV H-10 Audio Probs

Status
Please reply by conversation.

viera01

Original poster
Feb 11, 2005
Viera, Fl
I have a an HD-10 Receiver and am experiencing problems with some Local OTA Digital channels. If I run the antenna setup with my local zip code (32940), it returns all of the available OTA channels in the guide with specific channel and program information.
However, some of the channels (15-1 and 15-2) which are PBS channels, transmit perfect pictues but no audio. The work-around is this:
Run the Local Channel setup from the HD-10 menu but use 0-0-0-0-0 in the zip code fields. Of course, this renders a screwed up guide BUT,I can now punch in ch 15-2 on my remote and receive good audio! Same for any of the channels formerly devoid of audio.
Anyone else experiencing this? Is there a better work-around or perhaps a firm-ware upgrade from D*?

I was having the same issue when I first got my h10. I live close enought to Boston and Providence that I can pick up both OTAs. When I put providence as my primary location I and Boston as my 2nd CBS boston had NO sound. I thought for a few days that it was an station issue but read somewhere on avsforums that this was a common issue and to remove the boston location. I did this and then i had sound. No guide info for the boston channels, but majority are the same as the providence ones.

viera01 said:
I have a an HD-10 Receiver and am experiencing problems with some Local OTA Digital channels. If I run the antenna setup with my local zip code (32940), it returns all of the available OTA channels in the guide with specific channel and program information.
However, some of the channels (15-1 and 15-2) which are PBS channels, transmit perfect pictues but no audio. The work-around is this:
Run the Local Channel setup from the HD-10 menu but use 0-0-0-0-0 in the zip code fields. Of course, this renders a screwed up guide BUT,I can now punch in ch 15-2 on my remote and receive good audio! Same for any of the channels formerly devoid of audio.
Anyone else experiencing this? Is there a better work-around or perhaps a firm-ware upgrade from D*?

This is a known problem with some RCA and Samsung HD tuners. It seems to be known and acknowledged by everone but Directv.

I spoke to CSR's at length and they told me their superviser said the were no reports of said problems even though the newsgroups were full of complaints.

They told me to call RCA - HA!

With the OTA program guides, 12 days is the best you will get since that's all thats required and even then it seems like it is hit and miss.

As for new firmware from D*, don't hold your breath. I think they are putting all their time and money in the new technology right now. Maybe they'll play catch p laer for those that don't go to their new boxes when they come out.

Thanks! Since it's only one or two channels I guess I can live with it. Meanwhile, I'll keep fussing with it to see if I can come up with a better solution.
Thanks for the reply!

I agree with the hardware aspect. I know this is directly related to the HD-10 and nothing else. Since I hear that D* will replacing our HD receivers (and multi-dish)with the MPEG4 upgrade, I'm betting the farm that the new receiver (whatever the model) will fix the problem.
Seems odd that D* won't step up and take it in the shorts since it's clearly evident throughout this and other forums. Maybe they're thinking like me....."the fix will be in the upgrade receivers once we get up to mpeg4". Just hope this bug doesn't follow us up!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Whats D* doing anytime soon?

DirecTV Conference Call Today

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)