DirecTV and DVR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SIRHENRYTHEGREAT

Original poster
Nov 30, 2005
I recently had a satellite installed through Verizon. I was specifically told that the contract or the commitment will be for one year (12 months), and that if I pay the DVR for $99, I will be getting a rebate form for $100. I never did receive a rebate form, so I telephoned the customers services department at DirecTV to inquire about it. I was told for the very first time that in order for me to keep the DVR, I will have to have a two years (24 months) commitment. I was never told that there was a two year commitment involved until now. They also told me on the telephone that if and when I do not wish to return the DVR, I should just call them again, and they would arrange to have it ship back to DirecTV, and there will be no further charge to me. I have a strong feeling that when I do return the DVR, they would still charge me an arm and a leg. I wonder how many other people they had scammed!

D*'s recently has gone from the 12 to 24 month commitment for getting free/rebated hardware. However, the policy of returning the hardware instead of paying the early termination charge has been a policy that they've had for a long time.

FAILURE TO ACTIVATE THE DIRECTV SYSTEM WITHIN 30 DAYS OF PURCHASE MAY RESULT IN A CHARGE OF $150 PER DIRECTV RECEIVER NOT ACTIVATED. IF YOU FAIL TO MAINTAIN YOUR PROGRAMMING COMMITMENT, DIRECTV MAY CHARGE YOU A PRORATED FEE OF UP TO $300 FOR ADVANCED RECEIVERS. IN LIEU OF PAYMENT, YOU HAVE AN OPTION TO SEND YOUR DIRECTV SYSTEM TO DIRECTV. VISIT DIRECTV.COM OR CALL 1-800-DIRECTV FOR DETAILS.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Multiswitch Help

Is a DVR-HD the right move

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)