Directv and Dish networkto work with one another.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Although the two DBS entities combined would pose the biggest threat to cable and telco's and provide us users with great options (IMHO) it is the least likely to gain approval. I agree that the AT&T sale might be the #1 most likely in 2007 in anything. #2 followed by him holding it for at least 2-3 years in order to gain info on what the new sats and programming looks like; then make a decision or keep or sell.

Although the two DBS entities combined would pose the biggest threat to cable and telco's and provide us users with great options (IMHO) it is the least likely to gain approval. I agree that the AT&T sale might be the #1 most likely in 2007 in anything. #2 followed by him holding it for at least 2-3 years in order to gain info on what the new sats and programming looks like; then make a decision or keep or sell.

IF AT&T does get into this, I don't see it happening for awhile, maybe late '07if then. The Bell South merger has not yet become official and I don't see them jumping into this right after that is final.

Jimbo

IF AT&T does get into this, I don't see it happening for awhile, maybe late '07if then. The Bell South merger has not yet become official and I don't see them jumping into this right after that is final.

Jimbo

It is as good as done though, but yes it would be at least AFTER the 07 launches for sure.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...r_86b_BellSouth_deal_/articleshow/1003393.cms

WASHINGTON: (12/31) AT&T closed its $86-billion purchase of BellSouth last week after getting final regulatory approval, in a deal that will widen its lead in the US phone and internet services. The US Federal Communications Commission voted 4-0 to approve the deal.

It is as good as done though, but yes it would be at least AFTER the 07 launches for sure.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...r_86b_BellSouth_deal_/articleshow/1003393.cms

WASHINGTON: (12/31) AT&T closed its $86-billion purchase of BellSouth last week after getting final regulatory approval, in a deal that will widen its lead in the US phone and internet services. The US Federal Communications Commission voted 4-0 to approve the deal.

I haven't been to work in a few weeks now, so I kinda lost track of when it was going down.
Thanks for the info.

Jimbo

DIRECTV/DISH HD Alliance?

Could this mean we could see a partnership, or even a buy out of the two sat companies!?
---------------
Following is a partial quote from John Malone on a D* & E* initiative from
SkyREPORT 1/3/2007.... it may give some insight as to what his thinking might be.
---------------
Malone said although many observers believe the federal government would continue to disapprove of a merger deal, the companies could still work together on various projects, specifically HDTV. If the government won't let the two companies join forces, the Liberty chair said they could save a lot of money by cooperating in certain areas.

"We could form an alliance with EchoStar and share a high-definition platform, which would either double the capacity or cut the costs in half," Malone told Broadcasting & Cable. "We could develop content jointly with EchoStar for that high-definition platform, which would be very interesting."

Could this mean we could see a partnership, or even a buy out of the two sat companies!?
---------------
Following is a partial quote from John Malone on a D* & E* initiative from
SkyREPORT 1/3/2007.... it may give some insight as to what his thinking might be.
---------------
Malone said although many observers believe the federal government would continue to disapprove of a merger deal, the companies could still work together on various projects, specifically HDTV. If the government won't let the two companies join forces, the Liberty chair said they could save a lot of money by cooperating in certain areas.

"We could form an alliance with EchoStar and share a high-definition platform, which would either double the capacity or cut the costs in half," Malone told Broadcasting & Cable. "We could develop content jointly with EchoStar for that high-definition platform, which would be very interesting."

Exactly, an alliance between Directv and Echostar and not a formal merger would be in the best interest for both companies and the consumer.

What concerns me about this statement is the latter part of the first sentence: "double the capacity or cut the costs in half". Do we really think that they would double their capacity just because they could? I would think rather that each would want to save money first, then trickle the new content out slowly. And would this mean that each customer who wanted the "combined" service would need an additional dish installed? My roof and side yard already makes me look like I might work for the NSA. :rolleyes: I still have a Voom dish, an E* dish plus the two D* dishes (and my antenna). Would I be able to reactivate either of those older dishes, or would they need to come up with a 9 LNB dish? :yikes

This is true it could mean another dish on the roof.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DVR line Question

Question on new install with used equipment

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)