DirecTive>DVD recorder?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

slinky

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 24, 2004
I hooked my DirecTivo up to a Toshiba DVD Recorder. Any program that I send to Toshiba HDD has only a date/time stamp from the transfer. I cannot edit it so that it reads the program name and air date. Is this commmon to all DVD recs or can i get one that is editable?

Your DVD recorder is just 'telling you' when it recorded the information. I would think that would be common - it doesn't 'know' you originally recorded it at a different time.

I think the only place that my Pioneer shows a timestamp is in the defaulted file title, but that is editable. Maybe there's a different spot that I've never noticed though...

scottie_h said:
Your DVD recorder is just 'telling you' when it recorded the information. I would think that would be common - it doesn't 'know' you originally recorded it at a different time.

I think the only place that my Pioneer shows a timestamp is in the defaulted file title, but that is editable. Maybe there's a different spot that I've never noticed though...

Ya, i realize the "why". The question was concerning the fact that according to an ignorant toshiba tech, i thought that i could not edit the info, and whether this was common to the genre. It turns out(another forum) that mine as well as "most" others are in fact editable. Good thing for toshiba that these forums exist. good thing for me too.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Need help with HR10-250 AND 95 W.

Debating the HD Tivo-Help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts