Status
Please reply by conversation.

CharredPC

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 21, 2005
Lakebay, WA
Is there anything weird I should know about the DirecPC LNB?

I aquired the old DirecPC dish, and with some modifications, mounted it easily on the old DirecTV dish mount. Using my signal meter, I find signal after signal manually turning the dish... but can't lock onto anything. I'm using ProgDVB with the following LNB settings:

Ku-Band-
LOF 1: 9750
Switch: 11700
LOF 2: 10600
Power: on

I've tried googling to see if the DPC lnb has a different LO than standard (which would result in what I'm getting; great signal, several birds, 0% quality as I'd be off frequency)... but no lnb specs on google. So I ask you! Any tricks?

TIA,

CharredPC

PS. my Winegard is somewhere 40 miles north of me in Salt lake City. I finally got the tracking number for it (it was sent via UPS while the Universal LNB/SG2100 were sent fedEx). It turns out there was an exception listed: SHIPMENT DELAYED DUE TO TRAIN DERAILMENT. :rolleyes: Well, that's a first for me...

I have two or three DirecPC they all use standard 10750 L.O.

PSB said:
I have two or three DirecPC they all use standard 10750 L.O.

I just noticed that and came here to post; I entered 10750 and Echo7 popped right up. Stupid me... why'd they make the default number in ProDVB 10600?
How annoying...

... and how dumb of me :p

Probably made for the Euro market where everyone uses a universal LNBF, glad you got it : )

Now I just need to find G10 and park it there permenantly! So far (ironically) I've found Dish 119 and Dish 110.... I'm getting deja vu all over again, and flashbacks to my DTV lnb... ;)

well, since you're close to Dish 119, easiest way to visualize it is if you have another LNB laying around.

Get 119
Put the LNB to the right of the existing LNB (if you are standing behind the dish)
look at it closely...thats where 123 (G10) is azimuth wise.
Elevation might have to be adjusted

Good trick. yeah, I've figured out where it SHOULD be... now if it'll just appear there ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

The best place to buy FTA systems?

German Programing?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)