Diplexer questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

air88

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 20, 2005
Hi, All:

I tried to make all the details very clear before I install my FTA system. Now I find out that it is very difficult to route the cable into my house or it will look very urgly. My house cable system is used by Comcast cable now.

I just browse online and find out this

"RCA D920 DSS Diplexer For Digital Satellite Systems"

Allows you to combine DirecTV & Cable/TV Antenna signal in a single cable. You will need one of these at each end of the cable. One to combine the signals on one side and the other split the signal at the other end.
It will solve all my problems. I can combine my dish and comcast outside and split at the tv room.

So my question is: is this way working? Any bad side? like noise? ..

Thanks for any feedback,

Michael

Attachments

• spectravox_1831_100690780.gif
    spectravox_1831_100690780.gif
    6.6 KB · Views: 175
Should work fine....as long as there is no digital cable internet on the same line, and it is a complete cable run with no splitters. I use diplexers all the time and there is no noticeable signal loss.
If it does not work they can always be used for other applications/cable runs.

It should work fine, The most modern cable plants usually cut off at 860 MHz and your L-Band will be at 950 MHz to 1450 MHz so they can't put a signal up that high.

Wholeshoe

Here I come again, bringing up an old thread, but I have a question not addressed in this thread, but didn't want to create an new one.

I am wanting to get a motor for my system from PSB but the wife NOW want's the Coolsat in the bedroom, so I would like to use a diplextor to combine the antenna and the FTA dish into the one line already coming into the house. Will a motor work on a line that has diplexors??

Look on the dieplexer...

On the sat and "in/out" side it should say "DC PASS"..as long as it says that a motor should work. Im sure ALL diplexers have it.

Cable internet should work just fine thru a diplexer, if your signal level is good enough, because adding a diplexer at both ends is going to drop your return signal by 7db or so.. which is quite a bit of loss for a modem, but if your modem is txing at 42-44 (textbook perfect) then it can take an extra 7 without much of a problem, since its physical limit is usually 58db.

Holy run-on sentance batman!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

The Arc Illustrated

Digiwave DG6800.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)