Differences in 4DTV DSR-905,920,922

Status
Please reply by conversation.

HDTVFanAtic

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 23, 2005
In layman's terms, what are the differences in the Motorola/GI 4DTV DSR-905, DSR-920 and DSR-922. What can one do the other can't?

One plus about the 905 is that you can go to the Star chioce birds without over loading the memory, 920 is a bit old and has no 5.1 and misses out on a few channels, 920 does not have the ratings block issue, not a big deal though really if you know what to do, the 922 is good, with the 922 if you do a master reset you will not have to call to get everything setup again like on the old 920, plus the 922 updates new channel maps bug free so you do not have to unplug replug everytime new channel are added or removed.

Does the 905 update the maps automatically like the 922 with a master reset? Do you have to unplug after channel is added?

Thanks

Never had a 905, but if you are parked on a satellite with the maps I would think it will act like a 922, not 100% sure on that one though.

Which of these recievers is the best at picking up "free" dcII signals? While I will have a sub, there are some cool dcII channels that show up as ITC on lyngsat that I am interested in.

kulakovich said:
(Hi folks!!)

Is the 905 C/Ku? I thought it was C only?

All the 4dtv's should be c/ku, it is digital only though and you will need to slave it to your analog receiver, if you also have free to air this will be another receiver and another remote.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Noggin, a la Carte?

Moving a c-band--tools?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)