Difference between 1000.2 and 1000.4 WA

daveh505@comcast.net

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 18, 2008
Las Cruces NM
What is the difference between the 1000.2 and the 1000.4 WA? I really need details folks.
As I understand it the 1000.4 WA and the 1000.2 have the same 110-119-129 LNB array. The only diferrence is the 1000.4 WA has a different and/or larger parobolic dish that increases the signal strength.

Having no actual experience, from the pictures it appears that the lnb's on the 1000.4 are a bit further from the dish and probably spaced a bit further apart than on the D1000.2.

What is the difference between the 1000.2 and the 1000.4 WA? I really need details folks.
the 1000.2 can fit on a normal mast last I checked and the 1000.4 needs the braces because of the larger mast

The other big difference is the backing structure. The dot4 is much easier to fine tune than the dot2. Also as a retailer working in an area where we have both WA and EA local markets, we can reduce our inventory. An interesting note, the part of the backing structure from the skew ring down will fit a 500+ dish also. Just remove the four bolts on the skew ring from both dishes and you can make the swap. I do not do very many international dishes but I order an extra dot4 backing structure to make this swap because it is so much easier to peak the dish.

As far as the short mast go, in my opinion they are not good for roof mounts. We get to much snow here and the extra length on the standard arm is the best way to go. And I would never install a dot4 without the struts. I have seen to many work loose from the wind even with the lags penetrating the roof rafter.

And to clarify Iceberg's comment, by 'larger' he meant 'longer'. Both dishes use the 1-5/8" diameter mast arms or poles.

OK. Update on my earlier post. I see that the new backing structure for the 500+ dish incorporates the dot4 style fine adjustment. The new part No. is ES172595.

YourHero101 said:
There really is no dif between the two it really just depends on your area ea comes in at a higher elevation so if maybe you got a lot of trees and can't get a wa that's where an ea would come in

And your local channels. For some silly Johnstown/Altoona PA locals are not on EA. And for WA in that area 129 is located at 20 degrees, which is just awesome.

All timers gone, OTA dead

CAN'T FIND A FIX FOR MY 722K 21.0 IR UHF PRO REMOTE CONTRAL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)