did your tivo get slower also?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Fgsilva

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 10, 2004
Vallejo, CA
So, since my (bad) installation (http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=59044) it seems that my tivo has gotten slower! Sometimes it's getting stuck when I'm forwarding or reversing a show (remote battery going bad). Also, when I go to record something already showing or go the guide and try to program it to record something in the it seem to take longer now "thinking". Finally, for some of he satellite HD channels it sometimes takes a couple of seconds before it shows anything (acquiring signal) and then once it does, two seconds later it pauses for a second and then goes. Anybody else experiencing something similar?

Fg, I get the "pause" slightly after a channel change also. Don't know why. I tend to get the "acquiring sig" after checking my sig strenth. After changing channels a few times it finally locks in. Trying to record off the guide or anything else is slow cause of the lack of the 6.2 upgrade. Keeping the # of season passes low and clearing your thumbs up occasionally will help some. Alas, it is the nature of the beast.---Ray

Thanks Ray. Guess nothing I can really do other than increase the ammout of meds to put up with this! :D

raymo721 said:
Fg, I get the "pause" slightly after a channel change also. Don't know why. I tend to get the "acquiring sig" after checking my sig strenth. After changing channels a few times it finally locks in. Trying to record off the guide or anything else is slow cause of the lack of the 6.2 upgrade. Keeping the # of season passes low and clearing your thumbs up occasionally will help some. Alas, it is the nature of the beast.---Ray

The meds will help till the HR20 comes out and hopefully it wont have the same bugs as the R10+15. Did you hear the rumor that D* "might" be trying to buy out Tivo? (again) Read it here but can't remember where.--Ray

Oh joy, better buy double the dose then as if they try to sell/lease me an HR20 for $bucks I may just tell them where to put it!! :devil: Seriously, I"m a bit disapointed with the whole satellite ordeal and now that I have options once my year commitment with D* ends I'm seriously considering cable or fiber optics.

raymo721 said:
The meds will help till the HR20 comes out and hopefully it wont have the same bugs as the R10+15. Did you hear the rumor that D* "might" be trying to buy out Tivo? (again) Read it here but can't remember where.--Ray

Status
Please reply by conversation.

how do you get the 5lnb dish

Chang in the Air at DirecTV

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)