Did I buy the right stuff?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tannersarms

Original poster
Jan 28, 2006
Yesterday I got an awesome deal on a Samsung 30" Widescreen Slimfit Tube HDTV. In order to get a better deal I let the salesman do his spiel knowing that I could take whatever I didn't need back.

I'm in Chicago, have a tri LNB dish and currently have a Hughes 40Gb DVR. My dish just has the three coaxs coming from it and one of them is not used. I guess my questions are as follows:

1) Is the H20 compatible with my triLNB dish?
2) I bought an open box H20 for $75. What are DTV offering existing customers at the moment? Does their current offering include any installtion fees?
3) I bought an OTA aerial, but I can't seem to figure out if all the locals are available through the satellite already in Chicago.
4) I bought an HDMI cable for $63 (! - but it got me another $40 off the TV), but have since ordered one from Monoprice for $5. They'll both do the same job, right?
5) If I keep the DTV box, I own it, right?
6) The HD only takes one coax feed, right?

Lastly - would anyone have done anything differently?

Thanks

Mark

tannersarms said:
Yesterday I got an awesome deal on a Samsung 30" Widescreen Slimfit Tube HDTV. In order to get a better deal I let the salesman do his spiel knowing that I could take whatever I didn't need back.

I'm in Chicago, have a tri LNB dish and currently have a Hughes 40Gb DVR. My dish just has the three coaxs coming from it and one of them is not used. I guess my questions are as follows:

1) Is the H20 compatible with my triLNB dish? yes
2) I bought an open box H20 for $75. What are DTV offering existing customers at the moment? Does their current offering include any installtion fees? decent deal
3) I bought an OTA aerial, but I can't seem to figure out if all the locals are available through the satellite already in Chicago.
4) I bought an HDMI cable for $63 (! - but it got me another $40 off the TV), but have since ordered one from Monoprice for $5. They'll both do the same job, right?yes
5) If I keep the DTV box, I own it, right? yes.....but...
6) The HD only takes one coax feed, right? yes
Lastly - would anyone have done anything differently? you got a good deal
Thanks

Mark

buyers remorse??

I'm having buyers remorse on the Xbox 360 I also picked up but didn't mention, but certainly not on the TV (got it down to $543). And seeing as I now own an HDTV it makes sense to get HD programming one way or another. Just trying to see if I bought anything that was superflous (apart from the 360, as my GF has already pointed out) or that won't work with my set up

through the Directv Satellite you only get the Local HD channel of (CBS-2 WBBM) (NBC-5 WMAQ) (ABC-7 WLS) and (FOX-32 WFLD)
nothing else + You'll need the 5 LNB dish to get the channels :)

BTW WCIU which is only via OTA will have HD games of the CUBS SOX - starting this coming April 14th / and bulls next season

and dont forget WGN HD games of CUBS SOX and bulls also

Last edited:
tannersarms said:

1) Is the H20 compatible with my triLNB dish?
2) I bought an open box H20 for $75. What are DTV offering existing customers at the moment? Does their current offering include any installtion fees?
4) I bought an HDMI cable for $63 (! - but it got me another $40 off the TV), but have since ordered one from Monoprice for $5. They'll both do the same job, right?
5) If I keep the DTV box, I own it, right?
6) The HD only takes one coax feed, right?

Lastly - would anyone have done anything differently?

Thanks

Mark
other than the hdmi cable i think you did well, compare the 2 when you get the 5 dollar cable and i bet it will look as good as the 63 dollar
cable. return the expensive cable and the person taking it back is not going to know you got 40 extra bucks off the tv

The $75 price and the fact that you bought it in April to me means check with Directv you should be LEASING the H20.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Had Enough...going back to Cable

Future proof, Mpeg 4 sat dish with HR10-250

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)