Delaying 2.82 Update

new_to_hdtv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 11, 2004
not far enough North
I haven't received the 2.82 update yet (and don't want to) but have my recvr setup to accept the update without permission. I'm afraid that when I get home tonight and turn it on the update will start to download. Is there anyway to prevent that other than first disconnecting the sat feed ?

Only other way other than disconnecting the feed is to select "Ask Persmission before downloading enhancements" from within the setup menu. However everytime you start the receiver or the EPG refreshes a pop up window will appear asking you to accept the download....gets annoying after a while.

Not eveyone is having issues with P282....Yes some are having issues....but YMMV with any release.

Other than the occasional reboot needed to have it download the program guide info. my 811 seems to have very little problems. If 2.82 could jeopardize that i'd just as soon wait until i'm having more problems then give it a try. Unfortunately I have it setup to automatically accept new updates, but that will be changed.

new_to_hdtv said:
Btw...Your Siberian pup in your avatar looks very similar to mine....Of course he is a bit older now....going on 6.

If you want to see my Siberian, click on my name to go to my profile....I posted him as my user picture.

Jason

TV Japan: English Audio???

105 SuperDISH Installation Help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)