Dealer/installer help In Georgia

Status
Please reply by conversation.

icstephen

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 4, 2005
Canton, Oh
I hate to ask this here but I am about to just give up the whole idea of having an FTA system. I have looked and looked and have been unable to find anyone willing or able to install a system...does anyone here know anyone I can contact? I am in Ball Ground, Georgia...its about 60 miles north of Atlanta.

Thanks
Stephen

icstephen said:
I hate to ask this here but I am about to just give up the whole idea of having an FTA system. I have looked and looked and have been unable to find anyone willing or able to install a system...does anyone here know anyone I can contact? I am in Ball Ground, Georgia...its about 60 miles north of Atlanta.

Thanks
Stephen

Give Earth Satellite in Ringold GA a call.

Unfortunatly no luck yet....it's not like I want them to install it for free? If I could put the thing up I would but I have 3 bad disc's that wont let me do it. I will keep looking though maybe I will eventually find someone who wants to do it. Sorry I am really frusterated...

Have you tried the Satellite section of the yellow pages? Also, you might want to clarify are you installing a stationary or a motorized system?

Have you tried to give it a try yourself? It is really not that hard if you try. We will try to help you here as much as possible. :)

I have gone through several yellow pages and most will only do dish/directv or stationary FTA. Sorry I did not mention that I want a motorized system. There is one guy in Atlanta (that I can find) but he wont respond (I had called him in the past for some work and he said it was too far). I did get a hold of a guy yesterday (he had never installed a motorized system, only IA5, but he said he would do it and was going to get some prices and would call me back...so far he has not but it is still early. I am sure that I could install the system (and may still), I have put up numerous directv systems, TV antenna's and used to adjust and do minor repairs on my BUD back in the day. My big problem is my back, I have a hard time walking so crawling around on the roof is a bit tough but if I don't hear back from this guy I'm going to just order the stuff. If I do order it what would I need (I'm very new to FTA)...I would really like a mini-BUD but I think that that is way beyond my capabilities right now. However here is what I am looking at for the FTA (below)

Motorized dish (30" minimum size)
FTA Receiver - Traxis 3500 or Fortec lifetime classic NA (unless you recommend better)
LNBF - (should I get a universal? to I need a polorotor? what about Lin vs Cir?)
Mounting hardware - what do I need for a roof mount?

If there is anything else that I would need please suggest it...I don't want any particular satellite its more for searching around to see what I can get. I don't know if I want one with a smart card or not (is there anything worth subscribing to?) and if there is are the receivers that I suggested able to receive that programming.

thanks
Stephen

As for the LNBF, most one-piece Ku LNBFs switch polarity by voltage from the receiver (13v = V, 18v = H), so no polarotor is necessary.

DBS satellites such as those that carry Dish and Bell Expressvu use (C)ircular polarity. Most other FTA satellites use (L)inear polarity. There is some clear programming on the Dish and BEV satellites, such as radio channels and NASA on 119w, and for those you should use a circular LNBF. Most everything else uses linear.

If you have any part of your roof that is flat, I recommend a non-penetrating roof mount (our Gold Sponsor, Sadoun, has these)...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

LNB advice

After 4 weeks I need a pro's advice

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)