DC locals - The List vs Dish Network

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
The List shows WITF as provided in the Washington DC locals. But Dish Network (enter a DC area zip code such as 20001) does not list them as part of the package. The List shows it as a spot off 110 and as a CONUS beam off 77.

Can someone with DC locals please confirm which is actually the case? WITF would be almost as good as having MPT.

Can't check this until I get home. Of course Remote Access is still deceased, so I can't check there right now.

Wait a minute... Harrisburg, PA? I didn't think our DMA went that far north. WITF is currently broadcasting only 1 channel and it's SD. :( How is this as good as MPT? At least we can get MPT in HD OTA...

Last edited:
There's an MPT station I can watch near Falling Waters WV (call letters escape me at the moment) where I can watch old British comedies. I can't get that station OTA where I live in Fairfax. Can't get my British comedies at all there, unless you know something I don't.

And I'm pretty sure our DMA does not to that far north, and this is an error in The List. But I'm hoping.

BBCA? Other than that, I don't know where to go for British comedies either. :(
And I'm pretty sure our DMA does not to that far north, and this is an error in The List.
I agree. Is digiblur the keeper of this mapping? WITF is part of the Harrisburg/Lancaster DMA, not the Washington/Baltimore DMA.

By the way, you got me to peruse the Dish website looking at our locals, and Dish carries WVPY channel 42 (SD of course) out of Staunton (or Front Royal?) which I never noticed before. I'll have to go check out their schedule. Edited to add: WVPT is broadcasting from Staunton, while satellite station WVPY is broadcasting from Front Royal.

Last edited:
THelist is showing it wrong as it says "DC" but the locals are the Harrisburg DMA

IN the link you provided 6293-6299 are the Harrisburg DMA not DC

I think it's channel 31.x up there. Probably just says WMPT.

MPT says they're on Dish on 8736, but the charts at Dish show no such channel and The List doesn't seem to be working quite right, I'm getting an error (Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /usr/home/satellit/public_html/thelist/include/Dishnetwork.php on line 548) when I select Subscription Lists, Dish, All.

Internationals

Might have to go DTV. Will I incur penalty

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts