Daystar

andrews777

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 5, 2004
I don't like all the Daystar programming, but I do enjoy listening to Andrew Womack. Unfortunately, it is now gone. :(

And even though I am in Dallas, I can't get the local Daystar channel with my locals since the system can't handle both 61.5 and 148. :(

Does anyone know if this will be reconciled anytime soon?

andrews777 said:
I don't like all the Daystar programming, but I do enjoy listening to Andrew Womack. Unfortunately, it is now gone. :(

And even though I am in Dallas, I can't get the local Daystar channel with my locals since the system can't handle both 61.5 and 148. :(

Does anyone know if this will be reconciled anytime soon?
Brad

Yes you can hook up 61.5 and 148 at the same time. There are others here that have successfully done this.

See ya
Tony

TNGTony said:
Brad

Yes you can hook up 61.5 and 148 at the same time. There are others here that have successfully done this.

See ya
Tony

Has something changed to allow this? I even had an installer out a while back (and I think I have the bottom part of a dish mount on my roof) to get this, and he couldn't figure it out. They have to provide it "free" if they can.

The last choice Dish gave me was to have 148 on one receiver and 61.5 on the other, not a good choice.

Brad

Nothing new. It depends on the switch configuration, but if you are using an SW64, cascade an SW21 from any output except output 1. Have 110, 119 and 61.5 hooked up to the SW64 and 148 on the cascaded sw21. This is almost as old as the 148 location. I found out abpout this at least 5 years ago. I'm sure there are plenty of other switch configurations depending on the equipment. I even think an DP34 will work with a DP compatible receiver, but I'm not sure.

See ya
Tony

They tried that and it didn't work. It was somethng about the receiver if I recall correctly. I have a DP34 now I believe. I suspect I would need a DP44 since I would then have 4 inputs.

Brad

Why isn't DirecTv required to broadcast DayStar? It is only on Dish Network. Also I wouldn't blame Dish Network or DirecTv if they compress the heck out of that channel or squeeze it in to whatever space is available.

Stargazer...the short version of the story:

DirecTV to Daystar: We'll carry your signal nationwide if we don't have to carry LIL in your O&O TV Markets.
Daystar to DirecTV: Okay.

Daystar to Dish Network: Carry our locals.
Dish to Daystar: Okay, but most will be on the side slots.
Daystar to Dish: How about you carry us nationwide and we'll drop the must carry demand.
Dish to Daystar: Okay.
Sky Angel to Dish: Ummm, guys...we had a deal. You can't do this Dish!
Dish to Sky Angel: Sue us.
Sky Angel's lawyer to Dish: You are served.
Dish to Sky Angel's lawyer: Get stuffed!
Clerk of courts to Dish: Your trial date is....
Dish to Sky Angel: Can we talk about this?
Sky Angel to Dish: Talk all you want...but you still need to drop Daystar nationally. It's ours. And so are all substantially religious channels according to our agreement. So while you are at it, get rid of FN and EE.
Dish to Sky Angel: Get Stuffed.
Clerk of courts to Dish: Your new trial date is...
Dish to Sky Angel: Can we talk?
Sky Angel to Dish: No. But let's talk to an arbitrator instead.
Arbitrator to Dish: You have to drop Daystar.
Dish to Arbitrator: Get stuffed!
Judge to Dish: Drop Daystar, EE and FN or else.
Daystar to Dish: Carry our locals.
Daystar to Sky Angel: Get stuffed! Stop carrying our signal.

Total length of this conversation: 2.5 years.

See ya
Tony

This is a quote from the Daystar web site:

"Daystar has been on Sky Angel for years, and we have agreed to allow them to continue to carry our programming at no charge."

When has any satellite or cable provider paid Daystar to carry their programming? Who would anyway? We all well know why Daystar is on a national channel on Directv and previously on Dishnetwork. Is this statement made by Daystar a little misleading or a downright lie? Of course we know it is, Sky Angel provide them (Daystar) free air time. This is only one reason I don't like Daystar.

Isn't Daystar FTA on C band?

Jeff

I got it back! You can get 110/119, 61.5 and 148 on the same receiver, at least with my combination. I now have a DP44 and 2 522s. No extra cost since it was adding "must carry" locals. :)

Brad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)