Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Well I finally tried out the FTA receiver I got a while back in the "3 pack I got" (3 receivers in one auction)
BEC 6600
Coolsat 5000
no name but it has Pansat 2500 software in it....clone

Tried the Pansat 2500 clone and now I see why we flush hackerware out of receivers we get. The damn hackerware wont scan in legit channels.

Aimed it at 125W just to see how well it works and to see if AC-3 worked....nice strong signal. Did blind scan and it picked up the TP's just fine but when it scans for channels I get "0 channels found"

For some reason this stupid receiver don't like when there are no channel names (guess it was use to seeing ESPN, TNT etc) and most of those channels dont have legit names (they show as the frequency on the Coolsat 5000 and TV2, TV3 on the Pansat 1500). It will log channels with names as it logged Montana Legislature

I dont know even what the original software is in it. When you power it on, the receiver goes
P
U
F
F
P
U
F
then sticks on "F" for about 30 seconds then boots up. Guess this software is "puff" ware (from reading in the sewer).....wonder where I can get legit software. I wanted to use it because it has blind scan and wont clash with the existing receivers remotes (cant use the CS as I already have one in the ent. center)

I guess this is more vent than question but does anyone know if there is legit software for this receiver?

Use the Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra Loader program with a straight modem serial cable and set the type to Lifetime Ultra. You should be able to load either the factory Pansat 2500 firmware or the Lifetime Ultra Firmware (be prepared to use a Lifetime Ultra remote). If you need a used Ultra remote, we have dozens and dozens of used Ultra remotes that probably will eventually be recycled......

Use the Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra Loader program with a straight modem serial cable and set the type to Lifetime Ultra. You should be able to load either the factory Pansat 2500 firmware or the Lifetime Ultra Firmware (be prepared to use a Lifetime Ultra remote). If you need a used Ultra remote, we have dozens and dozens of used Ultra remotes that probably will eventually be recycled......

Thanks Brian for the info. I'll try the 2500 software first since I have a remote for that

Ice,
I just wonder, how many receivers is enough for some dedicated FTA fans...

These 3 receivers I won in an Ebay auction for 50 bucks shipped ;)

taking a look at the inventory
-Pansat 1500 (2nd receiver I bought...used to aim dishes)
-Viacast 1500 (1st receiver I bought...its in the basement on G16)
-3 Coolsat 5000's
-Coolsat 8000
-Quali-TV (and its issues...all the analog ports are goofed up)
-Azbox
-BEC 6600 (part of the package)
-This one in question

actually not bad. I had about 20 here at one point but sold off a bunch of them :)

You need to load a cleaner onto it first before you can load the original firmware. The cleaner file is needed to get rid of the puffpuff (based on a 2700a). I have the file if you can't find it. It's called 'Convert 2700 to 2500'.

I'm gonna need that. I tried to load it and the software went 100% then when the receiver rebooted then it shows "failed" on the computer screen and the existing software was still in there

Puff goes the whistle, and the whistle goes PUFF..

That sure does sux ICER...

I did some more trying it last night and its weird. The 2nd time I tried it then it did log the channels on AMC21 (PBS) but other channels that show "TV7" etc won't...and I know the TP is legit as I used my Pansat 1500 to watch the channels

You need to load a cleaner onto it first before you can load the original firmware. The cleaner file is needed to get rid of the puffpuff (based on a 2700a). I have the file if you can't find it. It's called 'Convert 2700 to 2500'.

That worked :)

Loaded the "cleaner" file and let that go through. Then loaded the 2500 software and now I have a Pansat 2500 that I can use with Channelmaster (the hackware I couldnt)

Thanks!

That worked :)

Loaded the "cleaner" file and let that go through. Then loaded the 2500 software and now I have a Pansat 2500 that I can use with Channelmaster (the hackware I couldnt)

Thanks!

Ice, no more "Puff, Puff, Pass!" :p

For you! :D:D

Now you'll have to find another way to stay warm this winter!

Glad someone is getting the good sat deals on eBay. I'm afraid to go there, for fear of collecting any more stuff over the long winter. This hobby is a magnet for cool things. I'd never turn-down a Pansat, or equivalent. The fun never ends...

1253351759936-600x480.jpg

Status
Please reply by conversation.

New Spanish channels (Estrella TV) AMC 21

Directway dish and hts tracker elite

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)